Legrand Radiant Wireless Charger offers in-wall power for Apple's iPhone 8 & iPhone X

Posted:
in iPhone
The newest twist on charging the iPhone 8 and X is the Legrand Radiant Wireless Charger, a wall outlet with a built-in Qi-compatible charging pad.

legrand-radiant-iphone8

The product can be installed in place of any existing single-gang outlet, and keeps iPhones and other devices on the charging pad using a cradle. For non-Apple electronics an LED light glows red while charging is underway and turns green once a device is ready.

Also present for wired charging are two standard AC sockets and a USB-A port.

The Wireless Charger is currently only available in white, but black, ivory, and almond variations will eventually ship to match different color schemes. Legrand is selling the accessory for $79.33, but Lowe's currently has the Radiant Wireless Charger on sale for $68.98.

It should theoretically support this year's 5.8-inch, 6.1-inch, and 6.5-inch iPhones, all of which should be Qi-ready. It may also fit some iPads, but it's not yet clear if this year's Pro models -- which could be announced at WWDC 2018 -- will even allow wireless charging.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    WatariScottWatariScott Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Is anyone worried about when you get a notification and this thing vibrates? I'm sure they tested it... but...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Philosophically this product reinforces to me the limitations of current wireless charging technology.  A fixed point that is even more fixed.

Otherwise it looks nice. Maybe for the kitchen.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    HeliBumHeliBum Posts: 129member
    Rather deceptive specs. I'll bet the claimed 3.1A power is for the wireless charger and the USB port. So, the question becomes: Does the USB port only provide 1A or does the wireless charger only provide about 5W.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    tommy0gunstommy0guns Posts: 119member
    This is so dumb. For tech that is called "wireless", this product makes you more tethered than using a wire. I keep 10 ft cables near my couch so I can use my devices comfortably while charging.
    randominternetpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Wouldn't it charge faster and cost less if that cradle the phone sits in had a plain old lightning connector?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    No thanks.
    edited May 2018