It's been years,

Posted:
in AppleOutsider
what happened to all the toxic talk that used to dominate this place?
When was it cleaned up?  

What did the extremists think while it happened?

Who is still here that might recognize my handle?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    It was cleaned up so a new generation of apple insiders  can rise up and trash the place.  :D
    lamboaudi4ronn
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Hello folks!!!!
    We love Apple. No Apple haters here!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 6,615member
    Things have quieted down at other Apple centric sites too like 9to5Mac. I think moderators finally had enough.
    edited July 2018
  • Reply 4 of 12
    ahhhh.... memories... :) 

(I kinda miss those days.)

• Reply 5 of 12
    Hi Pfflam, it's Addabox!  Posting under some random account I apparently made, according to autofill!  How the hell you been?  
  • Reply 6 of 12
    This is Fellowship from back in the day and just wanted to stop by and see what is up!

How is everyone doing?  Who all is here that remembers me?  BTW Pfflam I rememeber you !

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Fellows said:
    This is Fellowship from back in the day and just wanted to stop by and see what is up!

How is everyone doing?  Who all is here that remembers me?  BTW Pfflam I rememeber you !

Fellows
    Why the name change / new account ? :) 

• Reply 8 of 12
    thttht Posts: 3,046member
    Nuking PoliticalOutsider was a great idea! And keeping a short leash on politics talk even better.

Part of it is market maturation. PC vs Mac became more boring after the Intel switch. Had a nice pickup with iPhone versus all others for awhile, but that has obviously gone away most of the platform players dying off. The media is desperate for folding phones as that would be something to talk about as notches and hole punches is kind of boring too as virtually everyone has adopted them.

You know, I’m kind of hoping for a nice rectangular display with sharp corners (or lightly rounded corners if they must), with some bezel, and a back camera that doesn’t protrude out. It would be... peaceful.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Fellows said:

Fellows
    Why the name change / new account ? :) 

So for some reason I must have dumped an old email that I once used with my account here.  I went to log in and not remembering my password was going to have it sent to my email but then it turns out I don't use that email service any longer.  Got to love these issues.  I had a lot of fun here in the day and wanted to check in.  I  have two growing kids one 12 and one 8 and life can keep you busy.  I hope to check in often to see who is still here.  I remember many including Powerdoc, trumptman, BR and those of you in this thread.

Love to you all!   Fellows
  • Reply 10 of 12
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,452member
    pfflam said:
    When was it cleaned up?  

I recognize it. I'm still here and post about Apple issues... all the political stuff is gone.

It was cleaned up and dead well before PO was nuked in my opinion. Basically when you look at new messages they are now all generated as part of the news. The forums are basically the way to discuss the news now which is probably appropriate. Not much discussion about actually using Apple stuff or supporting each other or helping each othef on it but there are other sites for that. That is the AI niche for now...news and comment on it.

The sore thumb of PO or even AO is easy to see. They host the only threads not generated by Appleinsider Staff.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    pfflam said:
    When was it cleaned up?  

I don’t recognize your name, but looks like you were posting here at least 5 years after I was here. Why did you leave?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I don’t recognize your name, but looks like you were posting here at least 5 years after I was here. Why did you leave?
    Possibly because it got boring. :) ...  Like Trumptman said above, the site used to be a lot more "useful" (and more exciting).
    SpamSandwich