All of the future TV shows that Apple has in development

Comments

• Reply 21 of 87
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 749member
    He sanitized product lineup kills it for me.  I wish Apple the best nevertheless.  
    I know. How can any adult enjoy a show that is family friendly. True torture! /s
    edited June 10 entropysbb-15Notsofastlkrupp
  • Reply 22 of 87

I think with "Split", Night Shyamalan showed that you could do a great horror/ thriller without resorting to graphic violence. The reveal at the end of the movie was probably one of the most exciting things I had seen. The soundtrack first gives a clue and then builds up to a very familiar tune as the reveal completes itself.

I am really interested so see what he produces for Apple.

Overall, I think the content is building up nicely. I personally watch only comedies so I won't be watching most of these. But then again, I hardly watch more than 5-10% of the content from any of the other service anyway.

edited June 11
  • Reply 23 of 87

I think with "Split", Night Shyamalan showed that you could do a great horror/ thriller without resorting to graphic violence. The reveal at the end of the movie was probably one of the most exciting things I had seen. The soundtrack first gives a clue and then builds up to a very familiar tune as the reveal completes itself.

I am really interested so see what he produces for Apple.

Overall, I think the content is building up nicely. I personally watch only comedies so I won't be watching most of these. But then again, I hardly watch more than 5-10% of the content from any of the other service anyway.

"Split" was one of the best films I've seen in a long time, played expertly by McAvoy. I was shocked to read so much negative comments about it on social media; I can only assume it was the lack of brazen graphic violence that turned off and bored the simpler folks. However, not much on this list interest me personally, Shyamalan is hit or miss in my books (too sci-fi sometimes). I'd definitely watch the Homes thing but as others said, how many hundreds of shows are there like that already?
  • Reply 24 of 87
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 908member
    A couple of ideas with potential there. I think they’d be getting better bang for their buck by doing something really different from their competition... and if I knew what that was, I’d spell it out. Maybe have at least one show that works cooperatively with an AR app?
    👍👍👍
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 25 of 87
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 908member

minus the dumb Karaoke
    edited June 11
  • Reply 26 of 87
    I don't think lack of sex/violence will be the problem here.

Of course I could be surprised, but I have a feeling that this is going to be thoroughly vetted to make sure it passes all of the PC police rules and regulations, just like the ridiculous disney movies that have been coming out. With the exception of the Marvel movies, which seem to get a lot of leeway, all the major disney movies lately that havn't been kids movies have been terrible. They keep focusing on the 'message' at the expense of the story, and it comes off as disingenuous.
    pscooter63elijahgbigpics
  • Reply 27 of 87
    designrdesignr Posts: 368member
    So is this a new phase of Apple becoming the "American Sony" (as Steve Jobs once famously suggested as his model) including the Sony Entertainment wing of the company?

elijahg
  • Reply 28 of 87
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 2,201member
    Thanks for the summary, AI. I don't watch a lot of TV, but there's a few things in there that caught my eye. Seems like a lot of variety.

A cow-orker once mentioned we live in a "golden age of TV." There sure is a lot of choose from. I wonder how Apple will price all of this. Season passes? AppleTV only? Maybe make a all you can eat version that includes Apple Music, all the TV, Movies you can consume?
    pscooter63
  • Reply 29 of 87
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 320member
    Will you need an AppleTV to see any of this? 
  • Reply 30 of 87
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,230member
    DAalseth said:
    I seriously doubt that. Just an iTunes account.
    Rayz2016bb-15
  • Reply 31 of 87
    pujones1pujones1 Posts: 141member
    Honey where’s the anime? The sci-fi is my only interest here so far. They have to at least spend 9 billion like Netflix. 
  • Reply 32 of 87
    entropysentropys Posts: 1,374member
    I wonder if they are prepared to create a new firefly? That would be good. The little guy fighting the good fight against a multi planet political elite intent on doing what’s best for us whether we want it or not.
    edited June 20
  • Reply 33 of 87
    I agree that sanitising the content will limit appeal and growth in comparison to heavyweights such as HBO and Netflix. Disney are in a very different position having built a catalogue of children focused content for many decades!

Diverse and mature content will simply not be viable when limiting creative expression.
  • Reply 34 of 87
    Shyamalan made "The Last Airbender". It was based on the amazing and incomparable "Avatar: The Last Airbender", but Shyamalan's movie sucked so bad that we don't need anyone confusing the two. Please correct.
  • Reply 35 of 87
    entropysentropys Posts: 1,374member
    Well there is the theory that a business model that relies on tits and gore to stimulate interest might not actually be that interesting a story once you take those bits out.

even game of thrones. Without bits like the red wedding or the nudity, would it really be that interesting? 
  • Reply 36 of 87
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 3,475member
    So content can’t be good unless it has sex, violence and foul language in it?
    muthuk_vanalingambb-15iqatedo
  • Reply 37 of 87
    So content can’t be good unless it has sex, violence and foul language in it?

That's not the case... good content absolutely IS possible but what you won't get is a diversity of content, especially complex, realistic and/or hard hitting drama. Language is incredibly important in expressing emotion and that includes so called 'foul' language (it's not foul, it's simply language).

We have something called the 'watershed' in the UK where most drama airs after 9pm onwards in order to utilise the full range of expression because (whether you personally like it or not) it's accepted as integral to creating drama/realism.
  • Reply 38 of 87
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 320member
    DAalseth said:
    I seriously doubt that. Just an iTunes account.
    That would be best.
  • Reply 39 of 87
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 6,028member
    pujones1 said:
    Honey where’s the anime? The sci-fi is my only interest here so far. They have to at least spend 9 billion like Netflix. 
    Netflix didn’t begin by spending that much. Netflix began with a few shows and grew from there (now most of their stuff are junk and subtitled shows they licensed). I doubt this will be any different, you walk before you run. 
  • Reply 40 of 87
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 6,028member

entropys said:
    Well there is the theory that a business model that relies on tits and gore to stimulate interest might not actually be that interesting a story once you take those bits out.

even game of thrones. Without bits like the red wedding or the nudity, would it really be that interesting? 
    Without a doubt, yes. The brief scenes with nudity are quite limited. And the red wedding was a single scene.