All the TV shows Apple has in the works for Apple TV+

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    krreagan2krreagan2 Posts: 60member
    It's been so long in the "coming soon" department (years!), that I'm starting to loose interest... Getting less and less likely to order it when it comes out!
  • Reply 122 of 128
    Lots of empowered women - female centric shows. Overall this list is pretty depressing.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 7,569member
    dougd said:
    Whatever. Netflix is all I need not ANOTHER subscription !!!
    Are you under some impression that you will be forced (forced!) to subscribe? Explain. 
  • Reply 124 of 128
    krreagan2 said:
    It's been so long in the "coming soon" department (years!), that I'm starting to loose interest... Getting less and less likely to order it when it comes out!
    It wasn’t announced years ago. It was announced over a month ago. That you scan rumors sites for morsels until your dopamine runs dry isn’t Apple’s fault. 
  • Reply 125 of 128
    Lots of empowered women - female centric shows. Overall this list is pretty depressing.
    There are male and female led shows. Care to tally them and show us why it’s mostly women? It doesn’t seem mostly female to me, nor are the number of female led shows depressing. I don’t care about the gender, only the quality, which has yet to be seen. My sense of masculinity isn’t so fragile as to be threatened by more shows starring women. You should try it. 
    edited June 10 Roger_Fingas
  • Reply 126 of 128
    This looooong list of TV and film products could be the reason why Apple made the marvelous Mac Pro 2019 and companion Display.
    Maybe for the very first time Apple is its own customer for video production equipment.
    Final Cut Pro and Logic were ‘tools for professionals.’ Now, Apple is a principal user of this ‘tools’ and so they developed the right hardware.
    They told us that they ‘listen to the pros’ but —maybe— they were learning what was needed to produce their own great shows.
    jamiemcd
  • Reply 127 of 128
    MacProMacPro Posts: 18,216member
    I hope the new Apple TV application in Catalina gains access to an App Store and can load Netflix etc. as well as all that Apple has to offer.  At present in the beta, the application is still as it was when part of iTunes, Apple only.
    edited June 10
  • Reply 128 of 128
    MacProMacPro Posts: 18,216member
    ireland said:
    nunzy said:
    These are some of the freshest and most original ideas I have ever seen. And they are family friendly!

Look out HBO. You're about to get Appled!

Whenever Apple enters an idustry, they change it forever  and then take all the profits.
    Calling these upcoming shows "the freshest and most original ideas" is a bit of a stretch. There is nothing really new and original here. Amazing Stories is a reboot from a failed series.
    Some of the best shows get cancelled. It’s a badge of honour. I loved Amazing Stories. Alien Nation. V. Men of a Certain Age. And on and on.

To brush off Amazing Stories with a comment like that makes me feel very sorry for you indeed.
    OT but It's nice that Netflix picks up some canceled shows and puts fresh money into them, e.g. the silly but very entertaining Lucifer.