Sprint, T-Mobile merger will generate 5G powerhouse, cut costs for users

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    dysamoria said:
    When has a merger ever been good for customers in the long term? Regardless of what they claim in the short term, once they've consumed a competitor, there is less incentive to charge anything less than the maximum they can get away with. Mergers always result in higher prices later.
    Mergers are agreed upon by the boards and shareholders of the company to be acquired. They seldom have the customer in mind at that time. Their decision is no different than yours would be in selling a car or home. Get the most money you can. 
  • Reply 42 of 45
    nunzynunzy Posts: 662member
    nunzy said:
    I don't care about 5G. iPhone will get it when it is fully baked. Probably in 2 or 3 years.

Until iPhone has 5G, it does exactly nothing.

2 - 3 years?

For me, the days of buying a phone tied to carrier's network are pretty much over -- particularly if that network is an obsolete one.  

BTW, I heard that someone is selling 3G iPhones at discount... 
    The 3GS came out only when 3G was fully baked. Apple is never first because loyal Apple customers will buy their hardware no matter what. Once the feature is established, they then simply buy the new model. Problem solved.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member

--  IF my trusty old iPhone 6+ can hold out for another year...

I’m still on 5s... so I’d hope!
  • Reply 44 of 45
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    dysamoria said:
    When has a merger ever been good for customers in the long term?
    It happens. I think a case can be made that when the Red and Blue radio networks joined forces, the resulting NBC did pretty well both for itself and for consumers. :)
  • Reply 45 of 45
    ronnronn Posts: 654member
    BTW, I heard that someone is selling 3G iPhones at discount... 
    In South Korea only for about $40 a pop.