There were other events today...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In case anyone forgot, Microsoft also launched their "vision" of the digital future today, with info available <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme/dmehome.asp"; target="_blank">here</a>.

If anyone wants to spot the flaw in the product, download the Yogi Berra file in Photo Story: I could hear everything, but the Photo bit was less than perfect.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Hmmmm those three apps seem like iLife - iDVD. M$ just can't seem to blaze a trail like Apple can.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Mark- Card Carrying FanaticRealist:

<strong>In case anyone forgot, Microsoft also launched their "vision" of the digital future today, with info available <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme/dmehome.asp"; target="_blank">here</a>.

If anyone wants to spot the flaw in the product, download the Yogi Berra file in Photo Story: I could hear everything, but the Photo bit was less than perfect.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What a pathetic showing...with as many resources as they have Microsoft is such a laggard.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    But who'll get the greater press on CNN?

Of course, I like most here are mostly fixated on Apple and probably didn't realize or care about Microsoft's announcement.

But it's just like the 90% PC users who also probably won't hear about the great announcements at MW today.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    To save other viewers the trouble of downloading Windows Media Player to view the Yogi Berra thing, let me explain without the benefit of my English politeness.

The sound is there - there is no picture! Nothing! Nada! Niente! Nix!

So is MS saying that you can send photo stories to your family, but only if they have the latest Windows version of Media Player?

If so, what a pile of worthless **it

If not, what am I doing wrong other than using a better operating system?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Who cares about Microsoft?? Apple rules!! This is one of the greatest keynote ever!!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The media player Yogi Berra story works maybe only on wintels though. I'm probably one of the only wintel users that reads appleinsider as well as other apple sites regularly. I also have watched every MacWorld Keynote for the last 3 years. No I'm not a spy I just love Macs, I'm obsessed with the new 17 inch Powerbook. What a dream for mobile digital video editing. I have a Graphite iMac and have had others but unfortunately I was working in 3D Graphics when only Lightwave was available for the Mac. So I switched to a Wintel workstation but don't have the cash yet to switch back pretty much just grad from college and unemployed. Anyway to get to the point M$ users don't even care about M$ products that are released. Most M$ users are mindless drones that buy what the market tells them. M$ is just more visible but thanks to the 51 Apple stores the tide is starting to turn. Even my parents who have been PC users since the days of DOS are changing their minds. We got our first machine somewhere around 1980. So there is an impact people just need to give the shift more time.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Pay $19.95 to M$ and you will get piece of crap. How lame. Apple's iApps are ten times better.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Don't forget the new Gameboy Advance SP!

NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2003 ? The biggest star in the history of video games is getting even brighter. Nintendo of America Inc. today announces the introduction of Game Boy® Advance SP, a redesigned version of the wildly popular Game Boy Advance. The system has a new illumination feature and sleek flip-screen design making it the most distinctively stylish, compact and portable Game Boy system ever.

The Game Boy Advance SP will become an instant "must-have" gadget when it launches in North America March 23, 2003, for an estimated retail price of $99.95. It will launch in two colors: cobalt (metallic) and platinum.

• Reply 9 of 9
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    I don't think that package was released today. They were playing with it on techTV a week or two ago.

The photo stories didn't work for me on the beta player, but the final player(was released today) works fine.

On topic, the HD 5.1 demo for windows media 9 was pretty nice.

[quote]So is MS saying that you can send photo stories to your family, but only if they have the latest Windows version of Media Player?

If so, what a pile of worthless **it

If not, what am I doing wrong other than using a better operating system?

<hr></blockquote>Well if you look at the file type, it says it uses the WMV 9 photo codec. On ms website it says that the codecs work on earlier versions &gt; 6.4