A very Negative Artcile About Apple From Financial Review

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This writer, quoting the usual "analysts" paints MacWorld as a failure with no new interesting products. Perhaps he fell asleep at the keynote, or mostlikely never attended and just asked some typical M$ a**kissers in the financial community what they thought. On a side note, Microsoft announced a digital watch that receives info via FM signals. One reviewer said the audience responded with absolute silence. Anyway, Apple stock is up modestly today.

<a href="http://afr.com/it/2003/01/09/FFX6JCHROAD.html"; target="_blank">http://afr.com/it/2003/01/09/FFX6JCHROAD.html</a>;

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Didn't Merril Lynch keep Enron at "buy" level until it's collapse? Personally, I think these "analysts" use tried-and-true methods such as dousing and tea leaf reading to tell us what to buy and what to sell.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>On a side note, Microsoft announced a digital watch that receives info via FM signals. One reviewer said the audience responded with absolute silence. Anyway, Apple stock is up modestly today.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And "smart" fridge magnets

Just what I always needed.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    That guy knows nuts about Apple...

Only Mac users can criticise Apple, cos they know what is going on.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    heh, this ones a real genius. he thinks there is only one macworld a year:

[quote]

At the company's annual Macworld Expo...

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 5 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    [quote]Originally posted by tmp:

<strong>Didn't Merril Lynch keep Enron at "buy" level until it's collapse? Personally, I think these "analysts" use tried-and-true methods such as dousing and tea leaf reading to tell us what to buy and what to sell.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well if their tea leaves are 100 dollar bills then yes.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    This is funny. All of a sudden they have a problem with what's been Apple's business model since day one.

[quote]Mr Hillmeyer also warned that Apple's vertically integrated production method was a risk for the company, making it increasingly harder to compete with Windows-based computers. Apple makes both the hardware and the operating system for its computers, unlike companies in the Windows PC sector, which tend to rely on other suppliers.<hr></blockquote>

There's a forest in those trees somewhere?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Also, the article says that Apple claims that Safari is six times faster than Internet Explorer. Apple claimed that it is three times faster at HTML and twice as fast at Javascript. Why would the idiot multiply them? Whatever.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Well worse than that is that the he can't seem to tell that Apple is comparing MS's software on Mac OS to Apple's software on Mac OS.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Eh. standard issue "I don't understand what Apple does" article. You see these from time to time in financial mags.

You know what's really going to tickle me? When, it 10 to 20 years, the only profitable "computer" companies are going to be the ones vertically integrated. Apple continues to push the "digital hub" concept, but there's going to be a big day when quantum hits, and all of the sudden we're going to have more power than we can possibly want or need, and all of the sudden the big issues will be the seamlesslness of hardware compatibilities, as is the case with consumer electronics.