New Product announcements

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Confirming what he has said before Jobs 'will' be spilling the beans on at least 'some' of the new Apple products. From the fiscal third quarter results statement today

[quote]"Even in this extended worldwide downturn, Apple is continuing to be profitable and continuing to innovate," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We're

working hard to attract new customers with our 'Switchers' advertising

campaign and our 31 retail stores in the U.S., and we're continuing to

invest in a strong slate of new products, some of which we'll talk more

about at Macworld New York tomorrow
." <hr></blockquote>

From the tone of the statement these are 'new' products rather than upgrades etc. So there may yet be something of interest beyond the larger screen iMac, !0.2 etc.

Just on a detail. I posted recently regarding a bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse ( supposed to be multi button). I understand that Apple will indeed include Bluetooth cabability in at least the updated iBook and even Powerbooks but that is not so certain. Bluetooth should be also built into the new G4/5 but news seems to show these will not be announced tomorrow.

If the Bluetooth built in is announced as part of the upgrades( this shows the reason my the USB version was 'delayed') then there is a good chance the wireless Bluetooth keyboard ( new style) and mouse will be shown. But becasue of delay in G4 upgrade they may choose not to show it now. I hope so as it shows the great capacity of Bluetooth and really helps the clean looks of Macs. Just to finish, it is a higher cost so perhaps only on BTO and available August/ September.

Not a big thing but part of the new thinking at Apple.