Apple supports CD copy protection.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple is currently featuring a Robbie Williams music video on the current ENews.

Of course, this video is from the same CD that EMI used to "successfully test" CD copy protection, the result of which is that EMI states they will release all future CDs with copy protection.

Does anyone have the balls to protest? Even Robbie Williams himself uses an iPod, but he hasn't complained to his own record company that he can't listen to his own record on his favorite listening device?

Apple advertises a record on their newsletter, and presumably on the Apple site, which cannot be played in iTunes or on the iPod?

This is bull. Apple are pussies if they're not standing up to EMI in this area.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i wouldn't worry, apple probably knows what they are doing, i think they have the fore sight to see if their iPod would be useless
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Who cares I don't buy CD's anyways. Ok I'm lying but if I hear a CD has copy protection I don't buy it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>Who cares I don't buy CD's anyways. Ok I'm lying but if I hear a CD has copy protection I don't buy it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Same here. I am against copy protection!!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I bought a cd few months ago and it didn't play in my pioneer cmx-5000 professional twin-cd player? WTF?

Simple solution, got rid of my player including sh*t discs cause IT AIN'T WORTH IT.

STUPID MONEY SUCKIN' RECORD COMPANIES U SHOULDN'T SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON THOSE STUPID RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE VIDEO CLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!

AND NOW COMPLAINING THAT THEY CANNOT EARN THEIR MONEY LIKE TEHY USED TO.

JUST DROP PRICES AND NO COPY PROTECTION AND PEOPLE WILL START TO BUY CD'S AGAIN.

btw vinyl is da sh*t anyway for me.