SCSI 160 Card with dual g4 500 problems with raid tower

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just wondering if anyone would have any possible advice or info on this, though I find it very interesting. I purchasd an 8 bay raid tower fom raidking, and its an ATA to SCSI tower. I installed 8 WD drives with 8mb cache on them and also added 512MB cache on the tower. So now it's maxed out. My problem is this. I have an adaptec 39160 scsi card, and I was told to purchase an ATTO UL3D (33MHZ) version because of my mac. So I did this. Now when I bench mark the raid tower, regardless if it's under a raid 5, raid 3 or even raid 0 configuration, I get the same results as read or write. With the adaptec, I get 80MB/Sec right on, and with the Atto I get about 62mb/sec. My question is this, when I originally tested the tower on a mac, same mac, but with OS 9.2, I was getting results of arround 140-160mb/sec. Does anyone know if this has to do with the tower, card's or os x. I am running mac os 10.2.2 server. I just want to know where to go or call to get an answer. But it just seems to me that the speed is at HALF??? Im on a dual G4 500 with 2GB ram. Any advice would be great.