New PowerBook Ad In USA Today:

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Awesome ad! 2 page spread! Very cool. Very sexy. Very BIG.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Also in WSJ.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Is the USA Today ad actual size as well? I'd assume so, right?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Can anyone scan the ad or something so we can see?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Can anyone scan the ad or something so we can see?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, please do.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I third that!
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I bought a copy of USA Today on my way home this evening. It's pretty impressive.

It's a double-spread, with the PowerBook turned sideways.

At the bottom is some text and the listing of a few features.

That's it, really. Very clean and simple.

I don't have a scanner. Sorry.

However, I did cut it out with an X-Acto knife, just to see what it's like.

Wow.

:eek:

El screeno muy grande.

• Reply 7 of 11
    Not even MacNN reported on this one with screenshots like they usually do. Somebody step up!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Sounds cool. Was this in the Tuesday paper or Wednesday paper? I'd like to get one if I can.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by dstranathan:

<strong>Awesome ad! 2 page spread! Very cool. Very sexy. Very BIG.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The PowerBook's hinges are in the gutter/fold of the spread, so it "opens" like a a real laptop. Pretty smart idea!

It will be hard to scan. Its so big!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Can anyone take a picture of it? It won't be as good, but a two-page newpaper ad is huge,
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Actually, they need to be sure to do this with the 12" model as well. As impressive as it is to take a two-page spread in two popular national newspapers to show how gigantic their "big daddy" laptop is, they could do a single full-page ad that touts the small, compact size of the 12".

To me, that's just as valid and important an asset and selling point as the screen size of the 17" model.

That much power (and features) in something the size of the 12" PowerBook is quite amazing.

In addition to just SHOWING the PowerBook, Apple needs to list every port, every cool feature AND the software included, othewise it's only half-ass.

I'm sure people on the PC side would assume that something that small probably lacks in something (optical drives, Ethernet, wireless capability, etc.). When they see the size AND realize that it's got FireWire, AirPort-ready, Bluetooth, a Combo drive (OR SuperDrive!), video out, Ethernet, weighs what it does and has the battery life it does, THAT'S what will turn heads.

Anybody can put out a small, compact laptop.

Apple needs to beat people over the head with the fact that with their small stuff comes crap you'd do without (or pay extra for) on other laptops of that size.

Of course, they WON'T do this...they'll just show it and a clever tagline, then wonder why "there isn't much interest among potential Switchers...".

BTW, as evidenced by my last several posts, I've just about #$!%# had it with Apple's apparent lack of interest or motivation to tout their amazing stuff. It gets REALLY old, carrying their water for them 24/7, like most of us do.

Would it kill them to perhaps put out a series of catchy, hard-hitting iApp ads? Or an OS X one?

Goobers.