Repetitive Kernel panics

Posted:
in Genius Bar
Hi,

it's been a while since i started suffering from these symptoms. 
I tried looking for a common pattern in the sense of a specific program but havent found any.

logs all look alike: 

Wed Aug 22 10:06:58 2018


*** Panic Report ***

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801a299785): "Graphics firmware encountered an exception: 0xd, from EIP = 0xfb57\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.36.19/Common/GLKernel/Intel/skl/sched3/IGGuC.cpp:800

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address

0xffffff912a0ebc20 : 0xffffff8019c6c1c6 

0xffffff912a0ebc70 : 0xffffff8019d95274 

0xffffff912a0ebcb0 : 0xffffff8019d87544 

0xffffff912a0ebd20 : 0xffffff8019c1e1e0 

0xffffff912a0ebd40 : 0xffffff8019c6bc3c 

0xffffff912a0ebe70 : 0xffffff8019c6b9fc 

0xffffff912a0ebed0 : 0xffffff801a299785 

0xffffff912a0ebf30 : 0xffffff801a297ef2 

0xffffff912a0ebf70 : 0xffffff801a29752c 

0xffffff912a0ebfa0 : 0xffffff8019c1d557 


BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task


Mac OS version:

17G65


Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64

Kernel UUID: 1AE5ACFD-3B6F-3D74-AD52-31F1430DBC6F

Kernel slide:     0x0000000019a00000

Kernel text base: 0xffffff8019c00000

__HIB  text base: 0xffffff8019b00000

System model name: MacBookPro13,1 (Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B)


System uptime in nanoseconds: 16857104279333

last loaded kext at 245038565640: com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs 1.10 (addr 0xffffff7f9d248000, size 69632)

last unloaded kext at 308880705000: com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs 1.10 (addr 0xffffff7f9d248000, size 61440)

loaded kexts:

org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetAdp 5.2.8

org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetFlt 5.2.8

org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB 5.2.8

org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv 5.2.8

com.apple.filesystems.smbfs 3.2.3

com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC 1.70

com.apple.driver.AGPM 110.23.37

com.apple.driver.ApplePlatformEnabler 2.7.0d0

com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim 1.0.0

com.apple.filesystems.autofs 3.0

com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient 3.6.5

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA 281.52

com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy 3.20.13

com.apple.AGDCPluginDisplayMetrics 3.20.13

com.apple.driver.AppleHV 1

com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet 1.0.1

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager 6.0.7f10

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphics 10.3.6

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight 170.12.6

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPCHPMC 2.0.1

com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry 1

com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking 4.0.0

com.apple.driver.eficheck 1

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer 10.3.6

com.apple.driver.AppleSMCLMU 211

com.apple.driver.AppleCameraInterface 6.01.2

com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltIP 3.1.1

com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog 1

com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl 1.5.5

com.apple.filesystems.apfs 748.51.0

com.apple.filesystems.hfs.kext 407.50.6

com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless 1.0.0d1

com.apple.BootCache 40

com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib 1.0.0

com.apple.AppleSystemPolicy 1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver 133

com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC 1241.31.1a9

com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager 161.0.0

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons 6.1

com.apple.driver.AppleRTC 2.0

com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS 2.1

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC 6.1

com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC 1.7

com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall 183

com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet 8

com.apple.security.quarantine 3

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient 900.4.1

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties 1.2

com.apple.kext.triggers 1.0

com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib 281.52

com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib 526

com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsControl 3.20.13

com.apple.iokit.IOAVBFamily 680.2

com.apple.plugin.IOgPTPPlugin 680.15

com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController 1.1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleSSE 1.0

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport 6.0.7f10

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport 6.0.7f10

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert 1.1.0

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport 519.20

com.apple.AppleGPUWrangler 3.20.13

com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily 1.0.0

com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl 3.20.13

com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 378.26

com.apple.iokit.IOSurface 211.15

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController 281.52

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily 281.52

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily 206.5

com.apple.vecLib.kext 1.2.0

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssUARTv1 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssUARTCommon 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.AppleOnboardSerial 1.0

com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily 1

com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily 11

com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin 1.0.0

com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily 6.0.0d8

com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController 1.0.18d1

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily 519.20

com.apple.filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext 1

com.apple.driver.AppleActuatorDriver 1404.4

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard 205

com.apple.driver.AppleHSBluetoothDriver 133

com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver 6.0.7f10

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily 6.0.7f10

com.apple.driver.AppleMultitouchDriver 1404.4

com.apple.driver.AppleInputDeviceSupport 1404.3

com.apple.driver.AppleHSSPIHIDDriver 53

com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltDPInAdapter 5.5.5

com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltDPAdapterFamily 5.5.5

com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltPCIDownAdapter 2.1.3

com.apple.driver.AppleHPM 3.1.3

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.AppleHSSPISupport 53

com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI 4.7.2

com.apple.iokit.IOThunderboltFamily 6.7.8

com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family 1200.12.2

com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient 1.0.1b8

com.apple.driver.corecapture 1.0.4

com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily 2.1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssSpiController 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssDmac 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssGspi 3.0.60

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI 1.2

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 1.2

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostPacketFilter 1.0

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily 900.4.1

com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM 2.1

com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime 2.1

com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily 1.1

com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily 2.0.0

com.apple.security.sandbox 300.0

com.apple.kext.AppleMatch 1.0.0d1

com.apple.driver.DiskImages 480.60.1

com.apple.driver.AppleFDEKeyStore 28.30

com.apple.driver.AppleEffaceableStorage 1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleKeyStore 2

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBTDM 439.70.3

com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity 1.0.5

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageDriver 140.70.2

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice 404.30.2

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily 404.30.2

com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily 2.1

com.apple.driver.AppleCredentialManager 1.0

com.apple.driver.KernelRelayHost 1

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 1.2

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon 1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleBusPowerController 1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleSEPManager 1.0.1

com.apple.driver.IOSlaveProcessor 1

com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily 31

com.apple.iokit.IOTimeSyncFamily 680.15

com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily 3.4

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform 6.1

com.apple.driver.AppleSMC 3.1.9

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily 2.9

com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily 1.4

com.apple.kec.pthread 1

com.apple.kec.Libm 1

com.apple.kec.corecrypto 1.0


EOF


Comments

  • Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,188moderator
    dhadas said:
    Hi,

    it's been a while since i started suffering from these symptoms. 
    I tried looking for a common pattern in the sense of a specific program but havent found any.

    logs all look alike: 

    Wed Aug 22 10:06:58 2018

    *** Panic Report ***

    panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801a299785): "Graphics firmware encountered an exception: 0xd, from EIP = 0xfb57\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.36.19/Common/GLKernel/Intel/skl/sched3/IGGuC.cpp:800

    It says the panic was caused by the graphics firmware for your Intel graphics chip. Try booting in safe mode by holding shift at boot to clean out your kernel caches and reboot after it's done.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262
    edited August 22 dhadas
  • Reply 2 of 3
     Marvin said:
    dhadas said:
    Hi,

    it's been a while since i started suffering from these symptoms. 
    I tried looking for a common pattern in the sense of a specific program but havent found any.

    logs all look alike: 

    Wed Aug 22 10:06:58 2018

    *** Panic Report ***

    panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801a299785): "Graphics firmware encountered an exception: 0xd, from EIP = 0xfb57\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.36.19/Common/GLKernel/Intel/skl/sched3/IGGuC.cpp:800

    It says the panic was caused by the graphics firmware for your Intel graphics chip. Try booting in safe mode by holding shift at boot to clean out your kernel caches and reboot after it's done.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262
    Thanks a lot Marvin.
    Ill give it a try and let you know if it solved the problem.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dhadas said:
     Marvin said:
    dhadas said:
    Hi,

    it's been a while since i started suffering from these symptoms. 
    I tried looking for a common pattern in the sense of a specific program but havent found any.

    logs all look alike: 

    Wed Aug 22 10:06:58 2018

    *** Panic Report ***

    panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801a299785): "Graphics firmware encountered an exception: 0xd, from EIP = 0xfb57\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.36.19/Common/GLKernel/Intel/skl/sched3/IGGuC.cpp:800

    It says the panic was caused by the graphics firmware for your Intel graphics chip. Try booting in safe mode by holding shift at boot to clean out your kernel caches and reboot after it's done.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262
    Thanks a lot Marvin.
    Ill give it a try and let you know if it solved the problem.
    Hi guys,

    I'm experiencing the same error occurring randomly, while the machine is idle and I'm not doing anything with it. After it happened the first time I've formatted the SSD and made a clean installation of Mojave from an USB Drive but it happened again, in the same situation as before.  There are no useful information about the error online and I don't even know if it's hardware or software related.

    Were you able to fix the issue? If so, what did you do?
    What could I try now before taking it to service?  In my country we don't have Genius Bar and I don't know if the guarantee will be useful.

    Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated.


Sign In or Register to comment.