School Nights at Apple Store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.apple.com/education/schoolnights/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/education/schoolnights/</a>;

This is very interesting, and I think a good use of resources by Apple. I wonder how they do it. I bet they have a person gather all this stuff from the school, and then present it in Keynote, or something to that effect.

I hope there are pictures and more stuff like it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

<strong><a href="http://www.apple.com/education/schoolnights/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/education/schoolnights/</a>;

This is very interesting, and I think a good use of resources by Apple. I wonder how they do it. I bet they have a person gather all this stuff from the school, and then present it in Keynote, or something to that effect.

I hope there are pictures and more stuff like it!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, that is cool.

Nice idea

• Reply 2 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Sounds like a cool idea.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    So the school arrange that the children are taken to the Apple Store and shown all the goodies by an employee and if the parents use the opportunity to buy a computer the school is rewarded $50 to use for new hardware?

I understand why Apple is doing it but is it really a responisible board that allow this? Is it really the job of the schools to be agents for Apple and take 5% in doing so?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders the White:

<strong>So the school arrange that the children are taken to the Apple Store and shown all the goodies by an employee and if the parents use the opportunity to buy a computer the school is rewarded $50 to use for new hardware?

I understand why Apple is doing it but is it really a responisible board that allow this? Is it really the job of the schools to be agents for Apple and take 5% in doing so?</strong><hr></blockquote>

its the job of schools to be agents but rather the job of schools to educate their students that M$ is not the only way to go, And if that edu gets them $50 then why not. i read an article on newsforge a while back which pointed out that if a school has 30 PC's,10 PC's running linux and say 20 macs and they go out and buy word for the Windows PC's, MS licensing assumes that all computers running windows require a licence for word so instead of paying for 30 licences they would have to pay60 licences regardless of the fact that 30 of the machines can't run that version.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I just read the details of the offer and it seems like a great thing. If 20 people buy a computer, the school gets a new one. And they save $50 too. Not bad. I'm thinking that I'll tell some people about this and see if they can get their schools signed up.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I dont think that is gonna happen, although, when you get 20 parents of kids who have been enjoying using Macs at school, the amount of influence in the store can be overwhelming... and thus, destroy all!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    yeah right, my school would probably attack me if i suggested such a thing, i think there is ONE mac in our entire school, and the district used to be all macs...haha like the Apple II and stuff.

the most annoying comment ever is "apples are for eat'n, not for comput'n"
  • Reply 8 of 10
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>yeah right, my school would probably attack me if i suggested such a thing, i think there is ONE mac in our entire school, and the district used to be all macs...haha like the Apple II and stuff.

the most annoying comment ever is "apples are for eat'n, not for comput'n"</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thats so insulting!

those guys dun know what they have missed!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    I am a teacher and a Mac addict. But I would never participate in an event such as this. It is hint of "school/community" involvement to try and hide the marketing. The same event could be held in the school where the students actually created the work.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: Buggy ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 10
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    [quote]Originally posted by Buggy:

<strong>I am a teacher and a Mac addict. But I would never participate in an event such as this. It is hint of "school/community" involvement to try and hide the marketing. The same event could be held in the school where the students actually created the work.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: Buggy ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, it is a marketing thing, I do believe so, but hey, maybe it is good way.... We do not know the details of how these are conducted yet, do we?