Enlarging text

Posted:
in Genius Bar
How can I enlarge text in High Sierra?

Googling for help gets this info:
    • " For Non-Retina Macs & External Displays:
      1. Next to the “Resolution” section, choose “Scaled”
      2. Select a smaller screen resolution from the list of available resolutions, this may include 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, or direct resolutions like 1600 x 900, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 – to make the onscreen text size and other onscreen elements larger aim for a smaller number, such as 720p or 1024×768
  1. When satisfied with the size of the onscreen element size, font size, and text size, close out of System Preferences and use the Mac as usual."

"The “Larger Text” option for Retina displays is similar to 1024×768 on a non-Retina display, and will dramatically increase the size of onscreen text and interface elements for most Mac laptops like the MacBook and MacBook Pro, as well as iMac and other high resolution displays. Setting the screen resolution to 1024×768 or larger on a non-Retina display will also dramatically increase the size of onscreen fonts and interface elements. 

Decrease Screen Resolution to Increase Font Size."

Unfortunately, iMac's resolution goes only to 720p.  What else can I do to enlarge text?  I'm 87, my eyes can't read existing text size any more. My glasses don't help.  They just distort text especially on the TV. 

Another problem is that much text is gray on white which is extremely difficult for me to read.

Another site says to:

" Select System Preferences. Select Displays. Click Scaled. Click View in the menu bar. Select Show View Options. Click the number next to Text size. Select a larger number. Select System Preferences."

Unfortunately, there's no "View Options" on my OS X - High Sierra.  There are other sites that tell how to enlarge text on Retina screens; however, my screen is evidently 'non-retina'.

Can anyone suggest a way to enlarge text on High Sierra?