ignore ALL security certificates online, how?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm on a LAN here and to access certain server data, I have to have a PROXY and there are various Security Certificates that are expired. ONLY Internet Explorer gives LOTS of options for Proxy settings, and I can gte the farthest with it, but then blocks and refuses to go to further sites on the secure server.

It cites that the Security is not valid so it cannot continue. ALL other browsers cant even get to the main page because of security problems.

Is there ANY WAY to have a browser totally completely ignore security? My colleagues can access it via windows and linux boxes... Im the only poor sod that cant (and only Mac user).

Ive tried Explorer, Chimera, safari, and latest Mozilla 1.3a

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    btw, even with VirtualPC and all proxy settings set, still cant access it. Grrr.

Here are the errors I get on the main page (with explorer)

and then as I try and get to the last page where the data is, I get

The weird thing, this is the only thing I cant have access to. The other services that are also on the server that are service reports etc etc are viable. dammit, this is the only part of the server I REALLY need
  • Reply 2 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    have you enabled the debug menu in safari? Try that and say allow expired certificates. (see that long thread in software started by eman for moki's post on how to enable the debug menu)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    am in OS9 now, still same errors...

btw, wow OS9 is fast :/

Internet Explorer on 733Mhz G4 is faster than safari or chimera any day
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nope, the debug menu override wont work either.

dammit...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    You should attempt Netscape. When I had that problem I found netscape gave me the choice to ignore it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    in Chimera the error is -12227 and the little info I have found indeed relates to a security error. I have tried the suggestions of quitting and restarting the browser, but to no avail.

I guess I have to ask the administrator to re-new the security certificates. Baaaa