Mac and iPad Pro 'There's more in the making' event page updated with stream info, graphic...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2018
Apple updated its website at the same time as announcing it's "There's more in the making" event on October 30, highlighting the Apple Special Event stream which also includes its own graphical surprise.

The lower half of the Apple website's homepage adds a new image promoting the event and its stream. Linking to the event stream page, the image advises the time and location of the event, along with a stylized image of the Apple logo, with the graphic changing on each refresh.

The order of items in the lower section of the page have also changed, with the Apple GiveBack square raised up alongside the Special Event box, while Apple Music and AirPods have been dropped down one row to fit. The box promoting the HomePod has been removed to keep the lower section to six squares, but it is likely this is only a temporary situation.

The Apple Special Event page itself shows one from list of stylized Apple logos, along with basic details of the event and a link for users to add it to their calendar.

The stylized and numerous interpretations of the Apple Logo for both the front page and the event stream page are similar to the ones used in invitations sent to the media. Rather than sending one design, the invites all featured one graphic from a pool, with recipients quick to share the version they received on social media.

The event on October 30, taking place at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City on October 30 at 10am, is anticipated to feature a number of new and refreshed products. Current speculation includes new iPad Pro models that borrow design elements from the iPhone X, new iMacs, and possibly a "professional" remake of the Mac mini.

AppleInsider will be at the fall "There's more in the making" event, where we expect new iPad Pros, and maybe even new Macs! Keep up with our coverage by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Personally, I am hoping for an annoucement about updated Mac Minis.
    ravnorodomwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 21
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,148member
    Suggests iPads and illustrator.

worried no consumer level macs.
    coolfactor
  • Reply 3 of 21
    entropys said:

Agreed, but we can always hope for a "...oh, and one more thing" moment.  ;D
    coolfactorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 21
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,117member
    entropys said:

Surely that blowing dust one is referring to the Mac mini  :D

Seriously, I think people try to read too much into the art style of the invites. The "secret" more often seems to be in the tagline: "There's more in the making".
    coolfactorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 21
    The theme is clearly geared towards creatives, and that makes sense for the location in NY. (The creative agency superland.) The various designs are also telling, possibly because these have been created with some of the new offerings to be announced or artists that will demo the kit.

The kit itself is up for anyone's guess. While it seems to be the beginning of Apple's "pro" roll out. The recent Adobe keynote with Schiller and Apple's A-series performance are likely a good indication that iPads are a big focus. iPad has reached "real computer" status now. Also possibly other portable hardware in the more affordable space. (i.E. Holiday gifting.)

We might even get a preview of the Pro hardware, which would make sense for the location - as they could invite the agencies that would be purchasing such level of equipment.

I keep hearing about the mac mini, if that was updated in this event I would be surprised.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 21
    I want a new iPad Mini to be release.  I would not be surprise that the plent up demand for the Mini will out sell the iPad Pro 11”!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 21
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,796member
    I want a new iPad Mini to be release.  I would not be surprise that the plent up demand for the Mini will out sell the iPad Pro 11”!
    Hahaha you're hilarious! Don't be surprised if the iPad mini gets dropped.
    edited October 2018 chasm
  • Reply 8 of 21
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Was getting worried there for a while.

just wondering why 10 am Eastern. That would make Western time 7 am. Pretty early.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 21
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member

That’s a joke, right?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 21
    the tagline says it's not made yet. bummer. I'm out of patients to wait on hardware they may release end of next year!
  • Reply 11 of 21
    melgross said:

just wondering why 10 am Eastern. That would make Western time 7 am. Pretty early.
    The real question is why the day before Halloween? Who is going to be thinking about iPads then? Everyone will be consumed with getting their costumes and parties planned.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    SpamSandwich said: The real question is why the day before Halloween? Who is going to be thinking about iPads then? Everyone will be consumed with getting their costumes and parties planned.
    Must be some sort of creative application demonstration that revolves around Holloween theme. Probably not hardware related. Abobe could be part of this since they just had a major updates on their Creative Suites. Finger crossing. Still waiting for Mac Mini... I hope. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 21
    melgross said:

The real question is why the day before Halloween? Who is going to be thinking about iPads then? Everyone will be consumed with getting their costumes and parties planned.
    Yeah, if you’re like 15 years old. I think most adults are totally fine with the date. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 21
    ggfggf Posts: 42member
    macxpress said:
    Hahaha you're hilarious! Don't be surprised if the iPad mini gets dropped.
    My guess is the iPad mini will limp along as it is (maybe with a speed bump) until apple is ready to release a 9.7 inch device without bezels. That would not be much bigger than a mini.
    Or they may downsize a little to around 9 inches to split the difference between the phablets and the iPad pros
    no info just a guess 
  • Reply 15 of 21
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member
    melgross said:
    Not for those of us 12 hours away from NY, the 10 am western events are just too late to watch live. 😕

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on new initiatives between Apple and Adobe? Invitations suggestive?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 21
    melgross said:

Who is going to be thinking about iPads then? 
    Me. I couldn't give a toss about a crappy pagan ritual and the IRD is giving me a great payout this year.  :)
    Rayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 21
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,267member
    Despite the article's optimism, there's been no credible information that Macs will even be mentioned, much less co-star in this presentation. That's not to say it's not possible, but even the invite itself would seem to suggest that's not the focus (and then there's the distinct lack of confirmations like we've had with the iPad Pros ...). I'm expecting the iPad Pros and new software for same, not a lot else. I would be delighted if a MacBook update was offered, and perhaps more of a timeline for other Macs, but ... they're not Xmas products so a lot of that could wait until the new year.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    melgross said:

That’s a joke, right?
    Mel - I remember reading an AI article which mentioned ASP of iPads is between $400 to $500. That means, at least 75% of the iPads being sold are the entry level iPad 2018 6th generation (with A10 and 2GB RAM). The quantity of iPad Pros (10.5" and 12.9") being sold is very small number. New entry level iPad Mini sales will EASILY beat the iPad Pros in quantity (revenue is a different matter altogether) for sure.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,293member
    chasm said:
    Despite the article's optimism, there's been no credible information that Macs will even be mentioned, much less co-star in this presentation. That's not to say it's not possible, but even the invite itself would seem to suggest that's not the focus (and then there's the distinct lack of confirmations like we've had with the iPad Pros ...). I'm expecting the iPad Pros and new software for same, not a lot else. I would be delighted if a MacBook update was offered, and perhaps more of a timeline for other Macs, but ... they're not Xmas products so a lot of that could wait until the new year.
    If the iPad Pro comes with USB Type C, as rumored, I would expect that there would be some demos with iPad Pro's connected to 4K screens and to Mac's as either input or additional screen, or both simultaneously.

But I'm an optimist.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 21
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Maybe all those graphics are a hint they will release an Apple Paint Brush to join the Apple Pencil.
    watto_cobra