I need a radio app for Apple Watch 4 - please help

Posted:
in Apple Watch
When I bought my AW4 I assumed that listening to my favourite radio stations would be a piece of cake....but not so.  The Tunein app loads on the Watch and appears in the watch apps but doesnt do anything, I tried the pro version of the app and the same happened.  And even Apple Music’s radio doesnt seem to include stations such as London’s capital FM or Sydneys Nova 969, let alone any of the local stations I like to listen to when travelling.  I will consider any solution, even if it’s a subscription based one.  Please help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I should add I’m looking for a radio app that will work when the iPhone is not paired.  Many thanks
  • Reply 2 of 2
    slobdiddy said:
    When I bought my AW4 I assumed that listening to my favourite radio stations would be a piece of cake....but not so.  The Tunein app loads on the Watch and appears in the watch apps but doesnt do anything, I tried the pro version of the app and the same happened.  And even Apple Music’s radio doesnt seem to include stations such as London’s capital FM or Sydneys Nova 969, let alone any of the local stations I like to listen to when travelling.  I will consider any solution, even if it’s a subscription based one.  Please help!
    Any radio functions are completely dependent on the availability of a good cell signal or wifi signal. You do know that the Apple Watch doesn't operate on the AM or FM bands, right?