Change Setting to BURN DVD FASTER?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have 0.85 gb of 4.40 gb used up on my project in idvd. When I go to burn, it says it is going to take 2 hrs. Is there some setting I have to change to make it burn faster? It normally shouldn't take this long, right?

[ 01-29-2003: Message edited by: cubs23 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by cubs23:

<strong>I have 0.85 gb of 4.40 gb used up on my project in idvd. When I go to burn, it says it is going to take 2 hrs. Is there some setting I have to change to make it burn faster? It normally shouldn't take this long, right?</strong><hr></blockquote>

yea... probably should take that long
  • Reply 2 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Set it loose when you get done using your computer for the day. Watch your DVD while you drink coffee the next morning.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]Set it loose when you get done using your computer for the day. Watch your DVD while you drink coffee the next morning.<hr></blockquote>

Sounds like a good (and relaxing) idea!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It's the encoding right? DVD's theselves should be buring in real time now, that is one to one, 2hours per 4.7GB. But encoding the MPEG2 probably takes a little longer (depending on the source). This is why, despite the tres cool capabilities of iDVD, I won't touch a DVD burning solution untill it hits at least 4X speeds.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    no, the encoding is done... but i put the disc in to burn, and it says two hours!!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    My DVDs usually take about 30 minutes to burn after all the encoding is done. 2x DVD burning has the equivalent throughput of ~19x CD burning.

2 hours = something is wrong with your set-up...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    How do I change the setting?

Also, I was wondering if I damaged the superdrive by trying to use clips from a commercial dvd? I hope that is not the case!