Looking for PDF app to annotate construction plans

Posted:
in iPad
I want to open a PDF file, mark up construction plans with the apple pencil. Highlight areas with different colors, draw lines, and write notes. If something changes, come back later and erase and update. Essentially always being able to access the markups and erase and update as needed. These plans are generally 24" x 36" in size and could contain 20+ sheets in one file. 

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,540member
    Apple's own Files app can do that. I use it routinely to annotate PDF sheet music files. 

You can directly access various apps and things like DropBox from within the app, as well as iCloud Drive, of course. 

Only snag I've seen is that (at least in previous OS versions) changes aren't synced until you close the document. I've lost data once or twice when I switched apps with a document still open and then did enough with the other apps that Files was kicked out of RAM. The document was virtually blank when I relaunched the app.
    aplnub
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Thank you Spheric.

Ok. Good to know. Can you go back weeks later and erase a markup previously done? 

Can someone else erase a markup previously created by me?

My iPad will be here next Friday.

Good to know about saving. Not sure how that is going to work. If anyone has another solution, please chime in.