Cows Aren't Coming Home For Gateway

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Gateway Q4 net loss hits $72 millionÂ*(GTW)Â*

Gateway (GTW) matched analysts estimates Tuesday, posting a fourth-quarter net loss of $72 million, or 22 cents a share. On a pro forma basis, Gateway's loss was 19 cents a share. Revenue totaled $1.06 billion. During the same period in 2001, Gateway reported net profit of 3 cents a share, with revenue of $1.14 billion. The company's net loss included a 3-cents-a-share loss related to a dispute between Gateway and AOL Time Warner over payments involved with America Online customers who subscribed through Gateway.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Queue Another One Bites the Dust.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Yay, and Apple only lost $8 million in Quarter 1 of 2003!

Oh, hang on...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Gateway's always bugged me ever since my old high school ditched our Mac-only setup for Gateway 2000 crapchines.

i also can't stand their ads, I find them repulsive, and their machines look as bad as the Dell enclosures. Then theres the model that comes with an encrypted HD full of pay-for-play music titles to make up for crappy download times. Ugh what an ill conceived disaster of an idea.

Woo! Another Yao Ming ad. Apples really serious about advertising these things!

Dangerous. Joe Dangerous.