Complete with SCSI, ADB and System 7.1.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I want one!
  • Reply 2 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You would!

You know, in a freaky sort of way, that would be funny to see a real one like this: beige, rainbow logo, ADB, SCSI ports around back, old-school mouse and keyboard, etc.

A conversation piece, for sure.

Makes you wonder if one exists somewhere. A prototype made for Jobs or Ives as kinda a inner circle "haha" amongst themselves.

• Reply 3 of 17
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    You just spend way too much time behind illustrator. What's Fairuza gonna do when she comes over and you just say 'I'm busy !'... ?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I have to say, that thing woos me, more so than the actual iMac. It has this kind of 'coming home' feel to it (hehe, I like to mention that I was once a Plus user), and is more Mac (fits itself easier into the entire Mac history) than the current iMac. It's as innovative, but has the distinctive advantage of being the culmination of 26 or something years of Apple Computer. Is that your work, pscates? Congratulations on a job very well done. I'll save this one.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Very cool!
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Defiant, I spend all that time so I can get good someday. And it's fun! As far as Fairuza, trust me: if she swings by, the Mac and Illustrator are going out the window.

der Kopf, thanks. Yes, I drew it earlier today, just goofing around and all. Thinking "hey, I wonder...". I used one of those photos from Apple's website (in the iMac section) as a template/guide and redrew it in Illustrator. Wasn't hard at all, really. Just simple shapes manipulated with Pathfinders, rotated, skewed, etc.. I had to do the mouse from memory, so that was kinda tough. I'm not 100% sure it's right. But close enough.

Thanks, Mr. Macintosh.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    The mouse actually has the "bend" near the back, where the heel of your hand sits. The button is on the front part.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Yeah, I'll have to find a photo of one somewhere online to use as a reference. Then I'll update/correct the drawing above. I was totally winging it (that actually came to me at the last minute and it's been about 9 or so years since I used a mouse like that, so...).

• Reply 9 of 17
    Yeah, the mouse seems a bit... misshapen. The bend is in the right direction (if you are going for the *original* Macintosh mouse) but the button is seated too far down.

Here's a good top view of the original:

And a side view:

[ 02-07-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>Defiant, I spend all that time so I can get good someday. And it's fun! As far as Fairuza, trust me: if she swings by, the Mac and Illustrator are going out the window.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I didn't wanted to imply that it's ugly, I wanted to say 'GREAT !!' in an other way...

and if she comes by, just call me so that I can stand under the window...g..
  • Reply 11 of 17
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    That is totally awesome.

Call me nostalgic but I love the look and feel of the keyboard and mouse of my old Mac Plus.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Just got a Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite II USB.. It feels just like the original Macintosh keyboard, and kinda looks like it too. It's cool!

-aoeu

[ 02-07-2003: Message edited by: robo ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 17
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

cool ! where did you get it ?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It has it's charms mr scates.

I'd like to see one in a satiny (nickle plate, not chrome) finish. You could probably do it yourself to an iMac if you take the plastic off, add a little sizing and leaf, burnish, then cover with a couple of coats of (modeling) matte clear-coat.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Defiant: here's the Happy Hacking Keyboard site <a href="http://www.pfu.co.jp/hhkeyboard/"; target="_blank">http://www.pfu.co.jp/hhkeyboard/</a>;

It's japanese, but there's a link to the US distributor in the top left corner.

-robo
  • Reply 16 of 17
    I just improved it:

-robo
  • Reply 17 of 17