Here's an idea for Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple should create a flash based version of OS X for windows users to play with online. To see how they like the way that the OS works. Obviously it wouldn't work near the actual depth of the OS, but it would give an idea of how the navigating is done. A way to play around with desktop a little bit.

They could put it under the OSX or the Switch area's of the website.

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: ApplePi ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 2 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    [quote]Originally posted by ApplePi:

<strong>Apple should create a flash based version of OS X for windows users to play with online.</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/</a>; ?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ApplePi:

Apple should create a flash based version of OS X for windows users to play with online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple will never use Flash based demos as Flash is a competitor to Quicktime, especially now that Flash supports video playback. I think its ashame, because their demos would be a lot smaller than the one they use now with Quicktime, even if it uses Flash (A Flash player is actually included in Quicktime)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    How is flash a competitor to quicktime? They're two different things. Quicktime is a video player with some fancy little 3d VR photo deal(which is neat but doesn't make it a sudden competitor to flash) and flash is a complete graphic based web design system.

As far as the idea I know I couldn't submit it to Apple. But I figured maybe they read these boards and might pick up on it. It wouldn't be the same as watching a video of OSX. It would be a way of getting a feel for the GUI and the way it works.

Oh well, I thought it was a decent idea.