The goofiest dream...Seinfeld disses ALL of us!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...and I just now remembered it, all at once, for some weird reason. It happened last night.

I dreamed I was reading some entertainment magazine and there was a big interview with Jerry Seinfeld. The magazine might have even been tech-oriented (like Wired or something?) because they kept asking Jerry technical questions. One they asked was "where do you go when you're online" or something along those lines.

He listed a bunch of standard stuff (eBay, Google, etc.) and then said "and the message forums at AppleInsider.com. Those guys are nutcases!"

And then he laughed quite loud and hard (according to the interview.

And he mentioned several of us by name, including me ("there's this PSCates guy...I don't know...").

:eek:

It was so vivid that in my dream I remember going "that asshole!" and I spent 30 minutes bugging NYC directory assistance for his phone number because I was going to bark at him some (tell him the last episode of his show sucked REALLY bad and so forth).

But he was saying stuff like "they just make up drawings and argue about stuff...it's hilarious".

He was dinging us all, as a group. Ha!

He mentioned amorph, murbot, me, matsu, SJP, Fran, applenut and thegelding by name (I don't even know why I remember that, but I do). Then he dinged on each of us a bit, individually. In the dream, I'm simply reading the magazine and seeing all this in print, but - in my head - I hear his voice saying it all. Know what I mean?

Just one of those goofy dreams that comes roaring back in full detail 12-18 hours later.

And here I am, being good and on my second week of intentionally staying away from AppleOutsider and just posting here as a regular Mac doofus...no politics, religion or culture-oriented posts by me in a pretty good while (and aim to keep it that way) and I still got dinged by ol' horseface himself in a national magazine!

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    did he say?

"WHO ARE these PEOPLE?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

"WHAT'S the DEAL with AppleInsider? I mean, come ON...".

Yeah, he was doing schtick, I guess. I just remember being really pissed in my dream because he was being such a smarty-pants.

• Reply 3 of 13
    not quite sure how i feel being in your dreams pscates ah, what the hell, you're a cute enough young guy and you do nice mock ups, so i guess it's ok...ha...

g

no that there is anything wrong with that....

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Seinfeld didn't mention me?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Seinfeld didn't mention me? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahem...He mentioned your mom on several occasions.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>not quite sure how i feel being in your dreams pscates ah, what the hell, you're a cute enough young guy and you do nice mock ups, so i guess it's ok...ha...

g

no that there is anything wrong with that....

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know either. But I read your posts a lot so it was probably just floating around in my subconscious? You tend to be a bit more level-headed and easier-to-take than others here who I don't agree with on many issues (you and BRussell never stoop to nastiness or arrogance and always keep a civil and and likable tone to your posts).

Sorry, EmAn. No mention of you or your Mom.

• Reply 7 of 13
    He didnt mention me either. Damn.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    thanks for the compliments pscates...i enjoy your posts too...the way i see it is this....

anybody who has a mad crush on Fairuza has to be at least a bit twisted....and i usually like twisted people....g
  • Reply 9 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Well...he's pretty much spot on, though. Isn't he?

I guess I wasn't mentioned because I'm not as "notorious" a user of these fine fora. I lurk a lot, but really don't post that much, I guess.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    I never knew AppleInsider is such a famous forum in USA. I am so proud to be a member!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    [quote] And here I am, being good and on my second week of intentionally staying away from AppleOutsider and just posting here as a regular Mac doofus...no politics, religion or culture-oriented posts by me in a pretty good while (and aim to keep it that way) <hr></blockquote>

i'm doing that too....i think the post at the front of AI got me thinking ( A whole lot of you are annoying. )...i really don't want to be annoying here...i come here for fun and to learn...and to share WAAAAYYYY too much about my life.....so i'm going for the kinder gentler gelding....g
  • Reply 12 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>i'm doing that too....i think the post at the front of AI got me thinking ( A whole lot of you are annoying. )...i really don't want to be annoying here...i come here for fun and to learn...and to share WAAAAYYYY too much about my life.....so i'm going for the kinder gentler gelding....g</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yikes, I just noticed that tonight :eek:

I have a feeling I'm part of that group. Sigh...

And I don't want to be (hence the self-imposed exile from an area that's just been WAY too mean-spirited and crabby and downright ridiculous on every level the past couple of months). Actually, I enjoy AppleInsider MUCH more now that I simply post about Mac-related stuff in the other non-AppleOutsider areas.

I think it was that stupid "burger lawsuit" thread that broke the camel's back, so to speak. The level of stupidity exhibited there just completely freaked me out and totally drained me and I just had to throw up my hands and say "I give up...it's a lost cause...some people I'm just NEVER going to get...fair enough...wonder what's going on over in Future Hardware these days?".

• Reply 13 of 13
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>...and I just now remembered it, all at once, for some weird reason. It happened last night.

I dreamed I was reading some entertainment magazine and there was a big interview with Jerry Seinfeld. The magazine might have even been tech-oriented (like Wired or something?) because they kept asking Jerry technical questions. One they asked was "where do you go when you're online" or something along those lines.

He listed a bunch of standard stuff (eBay, Google, etc.) and then said "and the message forums at AppleInsider.com. Those guys are nutcases!"

And then he laughed quite loud and hard (according to the interview.

And he mentioned several of us by name, including me ("there's this PSCates guy...I don't know...").

:eek:

It was so vivid that in my dream I remember going "that asshole!" and I spent 30 minutes bugging NYC directory assistance for his phone number because I was going to bark at him some (tell him the last episode of his show sucked REALLY bad and so forth).

But he was saying stuff like "they just make up drawings and argue about stuff...it's hilarious".

He was dinging us all, as a group. Ha!

He mentioned amorph, murbot, me, matsu, SJP, Fran, applenut and thegelding by name (I don't even know why I remember that, but I do). Then he dinged on each of us a bit, individually. In the dream, I'm simply reading the magazine and seeing all this in print, but - in my head - I hear his voice saying it all. Know what I mean?

Just one of those goofy dreams that comes roaring back in full detail 12-18 hours later.

And here I am, being good and on my second week of intentionally staying away from AppleOutsider and just posting here as a regular Mac doofus...no politics, religion or culture-oriented posts by me in a pretty good while (and aim to keep it that way) and I still got dinged by ol' horseface himself in a national magazine!

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: pscates ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

You know you spend too much time at Appleinsider when....