Apple TV Events app refreshed ahead of the March 25 'its show time' event

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2019
The Apple TV app that live streams the latest Apple events has been updated ahead of the March 25 "its show time" video streaming and news service event, with a new app icon and background to show the event invitation's spotlights effect, and provide some details of when the streaming will happen.

Apple changes its Events app icon on Apple TV again
Apple changes its Events app icon on Apple TV again

Apple has updated its special Events app on Apple TV to version 2.30 with a new redesign that reflects the company's invitation to its March 25 launch. The app's icon has been changed to show the top of a darkened Apple logo lit from above by a movie-like spotlight.

The design fits with what is now expected to be an event concentrating on Apple's forthcoming video streaming service. An updated Apple News subscription package is also anticipated but with this design and the "Show Time" invitation text, it's believed that video will be the center of the event.

That forthcoming service is known to have at least 11 shows that have already completed principle photography or are entering their post-production stage.

Consequently, the Apple TV Events app's icon has the same image as on Apple's special events page on its website, though with a slightly more pronounced spotlight effect.

Notice the local time for this event which will happen at 10:00 PT
Notice the local time for this event which will happen at 10:00 PT

Launching the app brings a screen with the same logo image in a square set against a dark background and a very few details in text. There's the location, date and time -- local to your region -- to one side and an invocation to call in to watch at that time.

As with previous versions of the Events app, there are also links to watch the previous four launches. This now means the 2018 events for March, September and October plus June's WWDC.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Fritzw57Fritzw57 Posts: 5unconfirmed, member
    Does this mean 3rd gen Apple TVs are out of the loop? My icon hasn’t changed as of today, March 19th. 
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Fritzw57Fritzw57 Posts: 5unconfirmed, member
    I take that back... it updated while I was typing my comments. All good now!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,007member
    I also made this point in the AirPods release thread, but maybe this is the better place for it...

It seems kind of unusual that Apple is pushing out their hardware releases ahead of next week's keynote, without the usual fanfare given to a string of hardware updates. It's as though they expect not to have enough time to get to it all in the keynote. 
  • Reply 4 of 4
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    App not working for me, blank screen