Apple releases macOS Mojave 10.14.4 with Apple News+ integration, more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2019
Hours after the release of iOS 12.2 on Monday, Apple pushed out the latest version of its Mac operating system, macOS 10.14.4 Mojave, with support for the recently announced Apple News+ subscription service.

The latest version of macOS Mojave incorporates a handful of feature additions like Safari Autofill for MacBooks with Touch ID hardware, as well as a debut to Apple News in Canada with support for both English and French text.

To go along with today's announcement of Apple News+, macOS Mojave now integrates the subscription service with access to more than 300 magazines, as well as daily newspapers like The Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times, and premiere online publications. With macOS support, subscribers can read articles on their iPhone, iPad and Mac.

The update also introduces automatic Dark Mode viewing in Safari for compatible websites, as well as push notification management and a warning for insecure webpages.

Other features include support for Apple's second-generation AirPods, air quality index readings in Maps for U.S., the UK and India, real-time text for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone, USB audio device reliability improvements and more. As usual, the new release includes unspecified performance improvements, security enhancements and bug fixes.

Today's release arrives a week after Apple issued a sixth beta version of macOS 10.14.4 to developers and Public Beta Program members for testing.

The latest macOS joins iOS 12.2 and tvOS 12.2, both of which saw release earlier today. Apple's mobile operating system also includes support for Apple News+ and includes four new Animoji characters, modifications to Control Center and the lock screen, user interface updates to the Apple TV remote widget and Wallet, and TV support for HomeKit.

Apple's macOS 10.14.4 Mojave is available for download through the Mac App Store's Software Update mechanism.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Am running it now.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 15
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    It's pretty Snappy 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 15
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,243member
    Hopefully it fixes the dual monitor wallpaper bug. And maybe the disappearing mouse cursor bug.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    dmcdeedmcdee Posts: 6member
    How about Home Pod stereophony for MacOS? any sign?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Tim SavageTim Savage Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Anybody else experiencing choppy audio playback with iTunes after updating?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Hopefully they fixed Messages app hanging for quite a while when opening it for the first time and while it is updating all the message threads from the cloud - I get a beach ball each time....
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Wow, it's so fast it's like a new computer!   ;)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    hexclock said:
    Hopefully it fixes the dual monitor wallpaper bug. And maybe the disappearing mouse cursor bug.
    Haven't seen this one. What are you experiencing?
    edited March 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 15
    New change in Safari using touch ID seems to break macros using Keyboard Maestro which automatically insert username and password and then hit return to open a website.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    jsh56jsh56 Posts: 12member
    The News app is now crashing constantly after upgrading.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    jsh56 said:
    The News app is now crashing constantly after upgrading.
    Apple addressed this with a server side fix. See Random Apple News+ crash issue fixed by Apple [u] article on Appleinsider

watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 15
    hexclock said:
    I have two monitors plugged into my 2013 Mac Pro. The main uses the HDMI port, the second uses a Thunderbolt port (not the bottom set, I know those are on the same channel as the HDMI). Anyway, the second monitor won't remember my wallpaper settings. It always changes it back to a certain image in the folder I picked. I usually don't power cycle the machine either, it happens after waking from sleep. I've been meaning to switch them around to see if it still happens but I haven't gotten to it yet. It's been several versions of MacOS doing this.
    A petty gripe, but annoying.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 15
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    I have also noticed my mouse pointer on the screen disappearing as I roll it over a playing video in a browser, typically to press the pause/play button. So I move it off the video and then it tends to reappear within a few seconds. I've noticed this behaviour for a few weeks. It's starting to get annoying. I am using a 27-inch 5K iMac with only its builtin monitor. My gut is telling me it's a macOS bug but I haven't done much testing.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I have also noticed my mouse pointer on the screen disappearing as I roll it over a playing video in a browser, typically to press the pause/play button. So I move it off the video and then it tends to reappear within a few seconds. I've noticed this behaviour for a few weeks. It's starting to get annoying. I am using a 27-inch 5K iMac with only its builtin monitor. My gut is telling me it's a macOS bug but I haven't done much testing.
    That’s the same one I experience as well. It seems to happen while using Safari while watching a video. I thought it might have something to do with the dual monitor setup, but apparently not. Are you using a Logitech wireless mouse by chance?
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 15 of 15
    hexclock said:
    Sorry man, I didn't see the bolded text, but it's as 22July described.