Some publishers claim Apple 'playing favorites' with Apple News+

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    matrix077matrix077 Posts: 868member
    EsquireCats or maybe Chasm said: 
    (I literally just tested every one of your "complaints" and discovered that only the one about a word search was true. Maybe spend a little time learning to use the program?)  

Even still, it's not like you're trapped into the app - if there are more complicated tasks (including ones that weren't listed) one can copy the contents, or open it in safari, or run a shortcut, or send it to another app etc, etc, etc.
    I'm curious what purpose it serves to tell someone they are wrong without contributing to the dialog by explaining why they are wrong. I would love to be told why I'm wrong! I can handle the truth! 

By the way, you can't copy or select text from many of the pages in News app including the home page. I recommend that you try before you conclude otherwise (I hope you are not too embarrassed by that error.)

Oh, by the way, the News app crashes a lot, even as I was trying to test your unsubstantiated claims. It crashes once an hour. Of course maybe I'm wrong on that too and you can explain why.

"News quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Process:               News [1917]
    Path:                  /Applications/News.app/Contents/MacOS/News
    Identifier:            News
    Version:               4.2 (2074)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           News [1917]
    User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-04-16 03:26:08.194 -0400
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)
    Report Version:        12"
    I think the problem here is you are talking about macOS News app and everybody else iOS News app.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    Another Apple Maps?