Elgato intros Stream Deck Mobile app, turning iPhones into live broadcast controllers

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2019
Elgato has released Stream Deck Mobile, an app that turns iPhones into a broadcast controller for videos on YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, and elsewhere.

Elgato Stream Deck Mobile

After configuring via the desktop version of Stream Deck, Stream Deck Mobile can include up to 15 action buttons. These trigger functions like audio, lights, going live, launching websites, switching cameras, and popping up onscreen text.

The apps effectively duplicate Elgato's hardware Stream Deck. Some other compatible software and services include Twitter, VoiceMod, Spotify, Philips Hue, OBS Studio, Streamlabs, and Nvidia Share.

The desktop/mobile pairing process is handled by using an iPhone to scan a QR code. Once that's complete, both devices must remain on the same Wi-Fi network.

Elgato Stream Deck Mobile

Stream Deck Mobile is free to download for iPhones with iOS 12.2 or better, but full use costs $2.99 per month or $24.99 per year. Desktops must be running at least Stream Deck 4.3 on macOS 10.13 or Windows 10.
Xactoblade

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I love stream deck! It’s not just for streaming. It is fantastic for games, app launchers and keyboard commands for any application. I have the hardware version of this and it is one of my most used devices. If you are a power user, you can customize the heck out of it with Apple Scrip or any other scripting program.  
    douglas baileywatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,036member
    Rental software. Ugh.

• Reply 3 of 3
    sandorsandor Posts: 655member
    davgreg said:
    Rental software. Ugh.

Its the new way of profitable software distribution. I think companies have seen how well it has worked for tv, phones, etc. (Looking at you, US$3 billion worth of Comcast skyscrapers)
    If hardware manufacturers could do it i am sure they would as well - guaranteed income vs. trying to guess/shape the end user's upgrade schedule.

(i don't like it either - it is just hard to get away from now, especially in the professional realm)
    edited May 2019