Help me buy a printer.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok well if no one knows the answer no big deal. Do those printer port to ethernet things work to plug a printer into a network?

I am looking for a good photo printer and am looking to spend less than 200. I am deciding between the Epson 825, Canon s820 or HP 7350. Any suggestions or things I should know? The canon is nice cause it has individual color cartridges but if that is the only advantage I would want to know. I do not need the ability to print straight from the printer even though I might use it every once in a while.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Not sure what you mean...but if you're asking if you can run an ethernet printer through a hub and to your Mac, the answer is yes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Well I saw this thing at Compusa that was a printer port to ethernet converter from like d-link or something like that. Maybe Netsys. Anyway I didn't know if this would be what I would want to use since my printer (Xerox m940) is not network ready with a port. Hope that clarifies. Also wondering about the photo printer. Perhaps the Canon i950 or i850 also?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    The thing I was looking at was the

PS101NA Mini Print Server by Netgear.

<a href="http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=295760&amp;pfp=cat3&quot; target="_blank">Link</a>

I think that would work but am not sure.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    It's always safest to buy a print server made by the manufacturer of your printer (at least in my experience). We got an HP JetDirect EX off eBay for our LaserJet 6MP and its worked great with our DSL router.