iBooks Have Widespread Battery & Power Supply Problems

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was on the discussion boards at Apple yesterday after I had finally decided to try to find out why my power cable plug's color doesn't show the amber color when it's charging (it always only ever shows green). Anyway, there I was, looking around for a discussion about power supplies and iBooks when I found out that there are apparently a HUGE number of people having problems with their power supplies...and more importantly with their batteries.

Mine holds a charge for about an hour on these settings:

processor performance : HIGHEST

computer goes to sleep after 10 MINUTES

display goes to sleep after 7 MINUTES

and the "put HD to sleep whenever possible" box is CHECKED

If you're having this problem you might want to wander over to Apple's Support site and look in the discussions area to find out MORE!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    I get similar numbers as Xidius, and those numbers prove real under actual usage. If you're getting much worse, chances are you have a bum battery, and should contact Apple about a replacement. From what I've read, they've been very good about offering free replacements under warranty.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    The only problem I had with my iBook 800 was that the battery died after about a week. It was stone dead, not even the indicator lights on it worked.

Took about a week to get a new battery from Apple, and I haven't had any problems since.

(Well, except that my 16x burner never gets past 4x.)