New 15" Powerbook by the end of March?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How true is this rumor?

I'm all set to get the 15" Ti 1Ghz and a 20GB iPod.

Someone please convince me that I'm doing the right thing.

It seems that if I decide to wait, I'll be waiting and waiting and I'll never get a Mac!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nmr guynmr guy Posts: 22member
    Genentech employees are getting an extra discount on 15-inch Powerbooks, through the end of March, at the special Genentech section of the Apple online store.

This suggests to me that you might want to wait a few weeks... ;-)

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: NMR Guy ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Remember that the 15" was just updated 4 months ago. And it's got a 1 Ghz processor, which is the high end of the 17" model just now released, and so I doubt a speed-bump is due. I just don't see it happening for a few months.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    no speed bump though i expect to see an aluminium case and built in bluetooth with airport extreme.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    and DDRram and maybe a mobo running 167Mhz instead of 133 Mhz and illuminating keyboard and fw 800 and decent airport range.

if you waited that long i would wait a little longer for this. ...i only don't know how long this "little longer" will be.

when i was in the market for a powerbook, i waited for my pismo since octobre 1999, i knew it would come and i hoped it would be introduced at mwsf2000... it was not, as we know. wow, i had to wait 2 more months till mw tokio 2000. it was a hell, but i had no other option: because the lombard was just a better looking wallstreet and i didn't want that for that price, the pismo had a complete new 100Mhz mobo, firewire etc. a year later the ti came out, nothing changed only a g4 processor with the same clockspeed as the pismo, same mobo, same hd size as the pismo rev b. same videocard, same ports.

so, except for the processor this next revision will be a big leap forward for the 15" powerbook.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Purchasing advice goes in General Discussion so this is moving there now.