Apple rolls out macOS 10.14.6 with bug & security fixes

Posted:
in macOS
Apple on Monday released the finished version of macOS 10.14.6, what will be one of the last updates for Mojave.

macOS Mojave

The software can be downloaded by selecting "System Preferences" from a Mac's Apple menu, then clicking "Software Update."

The code is so far believed to be a maintenance update, cleaning up bugs and security vulnerabilities, since earlier beta seeds contained no significant feature changes. The most recent developer beta was seeded July 15.

Apple meanwhile continues work on macOS 10.15 Catalina, due sometime this fall. That software discontinues iTunes in favor of Music, TV, and Podcasts, while overhauling existing apps such as Photos, Reminders, and Notes. iPad owners will be able to use the tablet as a secondary display, and people with disabilities will be able to control the OS purely through voice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    M68000M68000 Posts: 719member
    Mojave has been excellent for me.  Not a big fan of the screenshot utility,  miss Grab.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    M68000 said:
    Mojave has been excellent for me.  Not a big fan of the screenshot utility,  miss Grab.
    What specifically do you miss about it?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    I think the names are ugly and confusing. Apple should choose names outside of California. Maybe even big popular cities.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    spheric said:
    M68000 said:
    What specifically do you miss about it?
    Simplicity and speed
    cgWerks
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Hopefully it fixes the 2018 Mac mini monitor issues where the monitor doesn't appear on startup or reboot, sometimes on sleep. Just get a black screen.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    I think the names are ugly and confusing. Apple should choose names outside of California. Maybe even big popular cities.
    You are entitled to that opinion.  I like the names,  agree that big city names could be interesting.  Maybe even names from Greek mythology.  But what they have sounds better than “windows 10” right ? 😀
    StrangeDayscecil4444Andy.Hardwakechia
  • Reply 7 of 14
    jeffharrisjeffharris Posts: 777member
    Budapest, Helsinki, Lisbon…
  • Reply 8 of 14
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    They did big cats prior. I'm sure they'll do something else later. The names themselves are irrelevant but I see no harm or foul here. (Nor do I find them ugly, or anymore confusing than the big cats. They're just names)
    cecil4444Andy.Hardwakechia
  • Reply 9 of 14
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    M68000 said:
    You are entitled to that opinion.  I like the names,  agree that big city names could be interesting.  Maybe even names from Greek mythology.  But what they have sounds better than “windows 10” right ? 😀
    Or iOS11?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    Shakespeare’s Juliet got it right. OS names? Why even bother. 
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Names have been better than the original name for Edge browser (Spartan), unless you are from Michigan.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    crowley said:
    M68000 said:
    ...snip...
    Or iOS11?
    I was thinking the other day, what would it take to be renamed as iOS11? What major OS advance would that take?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    crowley said:
    M68000 said:
    ...snip...
    Or iOS11?
    I was thinking the other day, what would it take to be renamed as iOS11? What major OS advance would that take?