Fourth watchOS 6 developer beta joins fourth public betas of iOS 13, iPadOS, tvOS 13

Posted:
in iOS
One day after releasing the developer counterparts, Apple has issued its fourth public beta builds of iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and tvOS 13, along with the fourth developer beta of watchOS 6.

Participants of Apple's public beta program can download the latest versions to their devices as an over-the-air update, via Settings > General > Software Update. Members of the public interested in trying out the next-generation operating systems can sign up for the program by the official website.

Developer beta testers are able to acquire their builds of Apple's milestone operating systems via the Apple Developer Center, or as an over-the-air update on already-enrolled devices.

The three public betas, the fourth iteration, should be functionally similar to the fifth developer betas of iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and tvOS 13 provided on Monday.

The new public builds follow 12 days after the previous third round of releases.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Downloading now...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Large app icons on iPad good.

SMB file sharing working better although Apple can’t decide whether to let you use hostname.local or IP address...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Still no data plan or WiFi access for my Apple Watch.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    zimmiezimmie Posts: 651member
    I get not running betas on devices you use to store significant data (Beta trashes your photos? Apple says sucks to be you.), but is there any reason not to run the beta tvOS? The current AppleTVs don't store a whole lot of data locally. Saved games, I guess? But they should be stored in iCloud as well.

Beta wipes your Apple TV? Who cares. Spend five minutes logging in to everything again, and you're back up. With an NFC-capable iPhone, getting it back on WiFi and signed into your Apple ID is a matter of tapping your phone to it.

Am I missing something the Apple TV stores locally?