Everything new in iOS 13 beta 7: 3D Touch, icon tweaks, more

Posted:
in iOS
Apple is continuing to evolve iOS 13, and included several public-facing tweaks with the seventh developer beta. Here is everything we've found so far.

The 7th developer beta of iOS 13
The 7th developer beta of iOS 13

Kicking things off, we see some changes from the previous beta reverted -- such as the overly saturated folder backgrounds found in beta 6. They once more appear normal.

We also saw the three gradient wallpapers in the Home app return with this beta, alongside all of the new smokey ones that were previously added.

Inside of Messages, name and photo sharing seems to now be functioning. This is what allows your image and preferred name to be shared with those who add your number -- either everyone or just your contacts.

Looking at the keyboard, the microphone icon has been tweaked ever so slightly. The change in beta 6 that caused a shortcut menu to appear any time you tapped the screen with three fingers has been updated to only appear when actively typing. That way while typing, if you tap with three fingers one gains quick access to cut, copy, paste, and undo and it won't appear any other time.

If you are beta testing any apps, there is a new TestFlight screen that appears on launch that explains to users how to take a screenshot.

Beta 7 of iOS 13 introduces a smaller 3D Touch menu
Beta 7 of iOS 13 introduces a smaller 3D Touch menu

When users 3D Touch on icons on the Home screen, the contextual menus are now much smaller -- especially noticable on the iPhone XS Max.

The buggy Dynamic Wallpapers have been fixed and "All Photos" and "Recent" albums have returned to the wallpaper menu.

Screen Time in Settings now has a new average line that spans the week and while in day-view, the week is also viewable.

The last big change we encountered was instead of light and dark "appearance," the Control Center toggle now reads "Dark Mode" on or off.

And, there is a graphic that suggests that the "iPhone 11" will be revealed on September 10.

We are still missing some features that disappeared in previous builds. HomeKit automations that employed the HomePod or AirPlay 2 speakers are still gone, as has the Automation tab inside the Shortcuts app. Sharing an ETA in Maps is still gone, as is the ability to announce calls to AirPods.

Anything else?

These are all the changes we've found so far but the list is obviously non-exhaustive. If you've found any other changes, reach out on Twitter @Andrew_OSU.

Be sure to check out all the changes from iOS 13 beta 2, in beta 3, in beta 5, and in beta 6.
sternlight

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Have they fixed the long-standing (since iOS 7) text selection and editing bugs in Safari text edit views?

While I’m at it, why is the actual text edit view of THIS box far smaller than the UI illustration of the text box as visible on this page? What’s the point in the outline when it doesn’t represent anything?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mdossmdoss Posts: 40member
    Well, I was wondering if they have or will ever fix one glaring UI inconsistency in the Clock app:

In "Alarm", the Snooze button is big and centre while the Stop button is small and at the bottom; but in "Timer", it is reversed - the Snooze button is small and at the bottom while the Stop button is big and centre.

The issue with this is, I every time I use the timer, I end up hitting Snooze instead of Stop because I m so used to the Alarm where the Stop button is at the bottom.

Cheers
    applesnoranges
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mimsmims Posts: 24member
    When did the FaceTime attention correction go away? 
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Biggest change for me is that the mail app finally appears to be working. Previous builds for me had issues with unteaponsiveness, frequent crashes, not displaying messages and other quirks. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mimsmims Posts: 24member
    Biggest change for me is that the mail app finally appears to be working. Previous builds for me had issues with unteaponsiveness, frequent crashes, not displaying messages and other quirks. 
    Agreed. Only thing that I've seen so far is that it's putting some of my new messages at the bottom of the Inbox and some at the top. All the same, it's better than the last build.