What does AIS stand for?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What does AIS in aiscomputers.com stand for?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Apple Insider SucksApple Insider Sucks
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Apple Insider SucksApple Insider Sucks

haha everyone seems to be enjoying the font sizes and colors lately
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Bumpety Bump. I really could use an answer by tonight. Are there no mac addicts in or around Atlanta?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I have just solved this incredible mystery for you. It took lots of blood, sweat and tears, but in my quest for Internet Messageboard Moderator of the Decade, I promised myself to not quit until I had your answer.

I'll document the grueling process for you:

[list=1][*]Go to AIS Computers.[*]Find an email address.[*]Email person and ask what AIS stands for.[*]Check email 10 minutes later.[*]Read email and absorb answer into brain.[*]Break out in celebration because you friggin' OWN the internet.[/list=1]

It stands for Alpha Information Systems.

Of course this was easy for me since I'm located in Canada. Since you are actually in the same area as the store, they may not have answered your email.

• Reply 5 of 10
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Or you could give them a call at 800.849.4949. When you need information in a hurry, nothing beats the good old telephone.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Or you could give them a call at 800.849.4949. When you need information in a hurry, nothing beats the good old telephone.

Telephone? I think I've heard of one of those. That's what cell phones were with wires, right?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Telephone? I think I've heard of one of those. That's what cell phones were with wires, right?

You can even get a telephone without the wire... it's called a cordless telephone!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    alpha information systems.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Now pull a rabbit from your hat! <clapping madly>

Atlanta?

Where's that?

• Reply 10 of 10
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    I almost thought you were referring to what AI-S means in the photographic world (it is a type of manual focus lense to inform you).