'Look what you can do with iPadOS' video shows off new features

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2019
Apple's new video on YouTube serves as a quick, 60-second primer to the new features in iPadOS 13.

'Look what you can do with iPadOS' video shows off new features

The iPad gets a fresh new operating system today -- iPadOS 13 -- and with it comes a slew of new features. The new operating system is still based off of iOS, but has been revamped to take advantage of the iPad's larger screen.

It starts off by showing iPadOS's new ability to quickly cycle through apps with a swipe from the side. And just like iOS 13, you now can swipe to type on the iPad as well.

The iPad gains the ability to screenshot full pages, rather than simply what shows up on screen. This is especially useful for webpages and PDFs that you may want to keep on hand. Need to mark something up? iOS 13's markup features have been redesigned to make it even easier.

Apple also shows the highly anticipated file management system, allowing users to plug in USB drives and quickly move files between devices or simply save on space.

The video ends by highlighting the newly added video editing features, giving users the ability to quickly edit videos from right within the photos app.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Where's the link to the new Apple video for iPadOS 13.1 on YouTube? Thanks.
    onehunglowtoysandmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 16
    What’s the point of this article if the link to the video is not provided? 
    onehunglowmacseekeragilealtitudetoysandmeSpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 16
    yeh link would be nice lol
    toysandmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 16
    AppleInsider: Seems like since updating to Safari 13.0.1 I can't click on links provided by members nor the Quote button. They don't work.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 16
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Thank you. It’s all fun, but a little “how to” would be nice. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 16
    All welcome enhancements!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 16
    What’s the point of this article if the link to the video is not provided? 
    Yeah, and they should watch it for us, give us a summary then read that summary. :-)
    leeherickswatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 16
    This os takes the iPad to a whole new level .. Love it!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 16

Slide over feature request. ( i know.. already ..lol)

Love how slide over works.. very cool..
    But i feel there is a little issue when making an app full screen.
    When an app from slide over is made full screen.. the previous full screen app closes. .. IMO it with be better if it swapped places with the new app in the slide over rather than disappear.
    Just a thought ;)

razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 16
    This is a monumental update - websites can show ads again hahhaha i.e. content blockers don’t work.

• Reply 12 of 16
    Screen Sharing (controlled by Pencil) to Mac on iPadOS please. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 16

Slide over feature request. ( i know.. already ..lol)

Love how slide over works.. very cool..
    But i feel there is a little issue when making an app full screen.
    When an app from slide over is made full screen.. the previous full screen app closes. .. IMO it with be better if it swapped places with the new app in the slide over rather than disappear.
    Just a thought ;)

I like it! Submit it to Apple. I will. Enough people do that maybe we’ll get it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 16
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    ivan cho said:
    This is a monumental update - websites can show ads again hahhaha i.e. content blockers don’t work.

Aren't the content/ad blockers separate apps that need to be updated for Ipad OS?  Or is there a content blocker in Safari that no longer works?  I don't use them so I don't know, but I would thing it would be up to developers to update their individual apps after an OS update?

It's only day 2 so I am thinking they may be working on it?  Just a thought..
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Seems I represent a minority opinion on this site as a musician who uses the iPad to record using GarageBand, but a significant setback for the iPad has occurred. The deprecating of IAA functionality has made the use of plugin instruments and effects critical to my workflow difficult, if not impossible. The change away from IAA was never explained by Apple and critical feature changes like this are what makes Apple an unreliable partner with creatives. That’s not something I write lightly.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    All fine, all perhaps useful to many, but iPadOS needs a "grandma mode." iPad's original mission was to be intuitively obvious. This release gets us further from that. There are many that can't use these features, and struggle with gestures and functionality that are not useful, helpful, or obvious, and interfere with very basic tasks. At the very least, have the ability to turn off multitasking, keyboard options, gestures. 
    razorpit