Who's Online

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
So...any eta on when you, the AI deities, might be installing it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Does anyone else actually use that feature?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    yep
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I don't like people to know when I'm lurking.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    This feature could actually be pretty cool. Would it require high system resources, though? And what about people who leave a window to AI open all day?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    i'm unsure if it's possible.

ill look into it.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    actually. it's there... just not on the main page... look at the "buddy list" feature in your profile.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    AFAIK that doesn't show if they're online, it only allows you to private message them faster.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>i'm unsure if it's possible.

ill look into it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is easily possible. To see an example of Who's Online go here: <a href="http://www.clan-mac.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi"; target="_blank">http://www.clan-mac.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi</a>;
  • Reply 9 of 12
    MacAgent - it does show if they're online.

It isn't possible = my nice way of saying it's not going to happen.. Too many frills = unnecessary. I'm a minimalist, guys... (and if somebody mentions the smilies, i'll ban 'em )
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Point taken. But would you be willing to let someone else do it for you?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Not really. Problem is, we like to keep the software current: every time we hack something, each time we upgrade, we gotta re-hack.

Pain in the ass.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I know the feeling. I have three hacks on my board alone. It really annoyed me when Infopop released 6.1, 6.1.0.1 and 6.1.0.2 so close to each other. Luckily I have BBedit so I could just do a simple document comparison and add the changes to the hacked files. Saves a great deal of time.

It's good that you're trying to keep the boards current, I just wish MacAddict would try to do the same. They still use bloody 5.47e.