New Apple TV+ trailers for 'Ghostwriter,' 'Helpsters,' 'Snoopy in Space' released

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released a trio of trailers for the upcoming Apple TV+ streaming video service aimed at younger viewers, including 'Snoopy in Space,' 'Ghostwriter,' and 'Helpsters.'

Arriving on November 1, Apple TV+ will provide a wide range of video content for all the family, including a selection of children's programming to go alongside the more publicized dramas and comedies. The latest trailers highlight three of the shows intended for a younger audience, and features not only a well-known franchise, but also content from producers with a considerable catalog of content for kids.

The second trailer for "Snoopy in Space" shows the titular Charles M. Schulz character and the rest of the Peanuts gang visit NASA to help put the melodramatic beagle into space and visit the International Space Station, with Charlie Brown and friends assisting in mission control.

"Ghostwriter," which had its first trailer released on September 18, is a remake of an early 90s PBS classic. A group of four kids stumble into various mysteries, guided by a literary-minded ghost that communicates by text and starts to release fictional characters into the real world.

The third teaser trailer, "Helpsters," shows Cody and the team of vibrant monsters singing a song to the viewer. The Helpsters "love to solve problems," the trailer description reads, including making plans for tasks including organizing a birthday party, climbing a mountain, or mastering a magic trick.

Launching in 100 countries at the same time, Apple TV+ will cost subscribers $4.99 per month and will include Family Sharing by default. Customers who buy select Apple products will be eligible to use the service free for a year.
15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Hmm. Ghostwriter, a PBS remake, seems to have a PBS budget. 🙂
  • Reply 2 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    the monk said:
    I could imagine it is a potential opportunity to promote projects that show off Apple AR though.

I think the best way to monetise this streaming adventure is offering it as a perk, free with any Apple hardware purchase. It is the right price based on the nature of the content revealed so far, and how much content there seems to be, 
    AppleExposed15ngcs1
  • Reply 3 of 6
    entropys said:
    the monk said:
    I could imagine it is a potential opportunity to promote projects that show off Apple AR though.

I think the best way to monetise this streaming adventure is offering it as a perk, free with any Apple hardware purchase. It is the right price based on the nature of the content revealed so far, and how much content there seems to be, 
    They're already doing that — a year free with any hardware purchase. 
    15ngcs1
  • Reply 4 of 6
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Not enough sex and gore. These shows will fail.
    lkrupp
  • Reply 5 of 6
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,275member
    Looks like a good variety of family-friendly shows. I'm totally on board for Snoopy in Space, having been a big Peanuts fan when I was a kid. Apple would be smart to license The Sarah Jane Adventures from the BBC as well, brilliant children's show that really raised the bar on UK kid's programming.
    15ngcs1
  • Reply 6 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    entropys said:
    the monk said:

They're already doing that — a year free with any hardware purchase. 
    Yes I noticed that when I crawled out from the rock I had been living under since September 10 and bought an MBP and MBA this morning. On the bottom of the docket it said the same in bright red nice friendly letters.