iPhone 11 first use?

Posted:
in iPhone
Hello,
Can you give me reasonable advice should I charge my brand new phone and then start using It or I should use It immiadiately.
Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    You can use it immediately. 

It’s a good idea to charge it completely at some point soon and let it run down entirely, just so the power management circuitry has a more exact idea of maximum and minimum loads of the battery. 

Beyond that, I really wouldn’t worry about it, ever. 
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Dado80Dado80 Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    So there is no need to charge It first due to longer life of battery?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Do what ever you want. L-Ion batteries do not care and can be charged anytime. Every new phone I have had was used out of the box without charging till that night. My last two iPhones still showed 100% battery life after a year. 

Just use and enjoy, charge at night!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [double post]
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 5 of 5
    The way I see it: 

Lithium-ion batteries are far less fickle than the old NiMH batteries were. Those needed regular deep discharging and recharging for conditioning. That is no longer the case. 

A rechargeable battery is going to need replacing eventually. Worrying about it all the time and taking minute care to follow the most precautious charging routine might mean that it will last an extra three or four months, if that. 

So it will need replacing in May of 2024, rather than September of 2024. Maybe.