Apple launches dedicated media site for Apple TV+ shows and films

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
In preparation for the launch of Apple TV+, the iPhone maker has set up a press site dedicated to the content the video streaming service will air, something other streaming services also provides to the media to better inform about upcoming content.

Launched on Monday, the Apple TV+ Press site is stated as offering "Press materials for Apple TV+, the new home for the world's most creative storytellers." The site is separate from the main Apple Newsroom, which offers press releases relating to Apple's latest announcements, with the new pages serving information about content from the streaming service.

The creation of a dedicated content-specific media site is something performed by other major video content producers, used to help promote their shows and movies by offering resources to journalists. Elsewhere, such as with Netflix, the media center offers the press releases and other content relating to shows separate from other company announcements, simplifying the process of accessing the resources for reporters.

Apple's site takes viewers to a list of 15 shows and movies that will either be available at launch or shortly after. The list includes prominent shows like "The Morning Show" and "Dickinson" at the top, while lesser-known items like "Little America" and "The Banker" reside lower down the list.

Each page offers a synopsis of the show or film, links to trailers and other related videos, photographs, and a cast list with details of the characters they portray. Other production credits including producers, directors, and writers are also offered, as well as social media links, and press contact details.

Apple is launching Apple TV+ on November 1, priced at $4.99 per month. As a promotion, customers buying select Apple hardware will be able to access the service free for a year.
15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Come November 1 it’s going to be a bloodbath around here. The naysayers who live under the bridge here have already rejected TV+ and are sharpening their knives for the debut. The place will explode in acrimony, the attacks will be vicious, predictions of doom and failure will abound.

And then... the service swill succeed but the attacks will continue, all because there is no power user Mac with slots that costs $999.00
    justmarkedredd_2
  • Reply 2 of 12

I don’t know about that. 

I think people simply know what they want.

And Cook isn’t so great at knowing what people want. 

He is great at making sure great hardware and software combinations deliver. The Mac, Mobile, and Wearable lineup is better than it has ever been. 

the content creation/curation is where Apple will have a long learning road ahead. I am sure they will do ok. But I can’t see it really making a huge dent. The content with has-been talent, or one-sidedly political content doesn’t bode well. The content Apple chooses doesn’t feel representative of people. It’s more a niche market based on Apple leadership’s own personal morals and political feelings. 

Once they get into a natural stance and have actual, compelling content, they have the potential to dominate the industry. 

Right now, it’s really sad, everything is so fragmented with Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, Apple TV+, etc. etc. Would be great to have a Steve Jobs moment where everyone can be convinced to put all their wares under one roof for a fair wage and the best customer experience. 
    macplusplus
  • Reply 3 of 12

I don’t know about that. 

He is great at making sure great hardware and software combinations deliver. The Mac, Mobile, and Wearable lineup is better than it has ever been. 

the content creation/curation is where Apple will have a long learning road ahead. I am sure they will do ok. But I can’t see it really making a huge dent. The content with has-been talent, or one-sidedly political content doesn’t bode well. The content Apple chooses doesn’t feel representative of people. It’s more a niche market based on Apple leadership’s own personal morals and political feelings. 

Once they get into a natural stance and have actual, compelling content, they have the potential to dominate the industry. 

Right now, it’s really sad, everything is so fragmented with Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, Apple TV+, etc. etc. Would be great to have a Steve Jobs moment where everyone can be convinced to put all their wares under one roof for a fair wage and the best customer experience. 
    What political content do you think is on there? The Morning Show? If you think addressing sexual harassment or assault is a partisan issue... wow. 

I think Apple has a bit to learn about making premium content, but I also suspect that they specifically decided to target under served parts of the market. 
    minicoffeelolliverd_215ngcs1fastasleep
  • Reply 4 of 12
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I just bought a new iPad.  I was expecting to get something verifying my free year's subscription as advertised with new purchases but not a peep.  Does AI know this is going to work?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    lkrupp said:
    Come November 1 it’s going to be a bloodbath around here. The naysayers who live under the bridge here have already rejected TV+ and are sharpening their knives for the debut. The place will explode in acrimony, the attacks will be vicious, predictions of doom and failure will abound.

And then... the service swill succeed but the attacks will continue, all because there is no power user Mac with slots that costs $999.00
    lol
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I still find the lack of content shocking.

Perhaps - if forced - I would watch See.

macplusplus
  • Reply 7 of 12

Somebody's not tracking to well.  Apple TV Plus already has more content lined up than you will be able to watch each month. They have well over 40 shows, movies, etc. 

• Reply 8 of 12

I don’t know about that. 

LOL. It's always amazing how people think a CEO sits there and makes all the decisions in a corporation. Tim Cook is not sitting there and deciding what shows and the content in them folks.  He has a couple hundred thousand employees working for him. As a CEO he has caused to be hired some of the top people in the industry to create Apple TV Plus.  Those people who have produced some of the most popular movies and television series ever, e.g., Breaking Bad, are the ones making the decisions about what viewers will want to watch.  
  • Reply 9 of 12
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member

Are you talking about Snoopy in Space?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    MacPro said:
    I just bought a new iPad.  I was expecting to get something verifying my free year's subscription as advertised with new purchases but not a peep.  Does AI know this is going to work?
    this may help

fastasleep
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Notsofast said:

Somebody's not tracking to well.  Apple TV Plus already has more content lined up than you will be able to watch each month. They have well over 40 shows, movies, etc. 

Subtract the woke feminist and beta male focused content and you only have a handful of shows. Even free - it’s no worth it.
    macplusplus
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Notsofast said:

Subtract the woke feminist and beta male focused content and you only have a handful of shows. Even free - it’s no worth it.
    I wouldn't classify the bulk of what's on that press page as either of those things, nor the bulk of the shows listed on this post: 
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/07/11/here-are-all-of-the-future-tv-shows-that-apple-has-signed-deals-for

I think you're projecting.