Does anyone have issues with PDF compression on macOS Catalina 10.15.0?

Posted:
in macOS
I did not find anything on the Internet about this issue so only my system may be affected (upgrade issue?), I just want to confirm that.

Previously, on High Sierra et previous macOS versions, I could open a PDF in Preview, and use "Save as..." to save it and apply a Quartz file size reduction filter. Also, I've been using PDFScanner, an App Store app which, among other things, can apply various degrees of PDF file size reductions. Since I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.0, none of those PDF compression techniques work, and I end up with creating enormous PDF files the size of which I cannot reduce! I lately downloaded an App Store app called Lightweight PDF which should achieve this but this one does not compress the PDFs either.

By the way, the PDF compression fails silently: the new PDF is just created with the same size. 

I know I could contact the developers of the apps mentioned above but I preferred to ask the gurus here first.  :)

Please, let me know if you are affected or not, at least, some of you may post something if they are.  ;)

Thanks.