Adobe Fonts now available for iOS 13 via the Creative Cloud app

Posted:
in General Discussion
For the first time, Adobe has made their library of fonts available on the iPhone and iPad, with the styles now able to be used in all apps that support custom font APIs.

Adobe Fonts

Users with an active Adobe Creative Cloud subscription will receive immediate access to 17,000 fonts from type foundries across the world. Anyone who has an Adobe ID but does not have an active Creative Cloud subscription will still be able to use a selection of roughly 1,300 fonts.

The fonts are available for use on iOS 13.1 apps that support custom font APIs, according to an Adobe blog post. Users will be able to search for fonts by name, or discover new fonts by setting search parameters within the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Users can also find fonts on the Creative Cloud desktop app and activate them for use on the iPad or iPhone.

There are no limits to the number of fonts users can use in projects, and all fonts are included in the Creative Cloud subscription at no extra cost. All fonts are already licensed and can be used for both personal and commercial use.

Apple announced font support in iOS 13 at the 2019 WWDC. The feature arrived with the iOS 13.1 update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Another step making it easier for Apple to dump Intel and go to ARM on everything. I can't wait.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    This has more to do with Adobe prepping PS and AI for iOS/iPadOS than anything else.  When they have even a halfway decent version of AE for iOS then it's time to evaluate Adobe's future on ARM.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    This is super awesome! Just signed into the CC app (which I never really used before I don't think), added a couple fonts, went into Pages, and they're available. 
    bsbeamer said:
    This has more to do with Adobe prepping PS and AI for iOS/iPadOS than anything else.  When they have even a halfway decent version of AE for iOS then it's time to evaluate Adobe's future on ARM.
    I can't even imagine something like AE on an iPad, that makes my head explode just trying to think about you'd do that. Compiling for an ARM-based Mac is another story though.
    caladanian
  • Reply 4 of 6
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    Definitely the first time I can remember that I’m interested in using the CC App on iOS. Hopefully the other type vendors hop on board soon.

one of the hats I wear is graphic designer, and while it’s possible to work around the “font problem” on iOS, it really limits how far I can take a project on ios. 

I wonder if the personal font manages like Suitcase Fusion & FontAgent will be able to work on iOS? Suitcase already offers a cloud sync that works desktop to desktop. Maybe it could also sync to iOS?
    edited November 2019
  • Reply 5 of 6
    polymnia said:
    Definitely the first time I can remember that I’m interested in using the CC App on iOS. Hopefully the other type vendors hop on board soon.

one of the hats I wear is graphic designer, and while it’s possible to work around the “font problem” on iOS, it really limits how far I can take a project on ios. 

I wonder if the personal font manages like Suitcase Fusion & FontAgent will be able to work on iOS? Suitcase already offers a cloud sync that works desktop to desktop. Maybe it could also sync to iOS?