AirPod Pro battery discharge question

Posted:
in Genius Bar
Anyone have issues with AirPod pro’s not discharging evenly? I contacted Apple support because my left AirPod is discharging way quicker than the right side which in turn means it takes longer to charge up as well. Testing from 100%, the left dropped to 23% and the right dropped to 45%. I don’t use them independently, only as a pair. I found it odd that one drained so quickly. Only recommendation is repair. Before I make a trip out to an Apple store, was curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    azjay said:
    Anyone have issues with AirPod pro’s not discharging evenly? I contacted Apple support because my left AirPod is discharging way quicker than the right side which in turn means it takes longer to charge up as well. Testing from 100%, the left dropped to 23% and the right dropped to 45%. I don’t use them independently, only as a pair. I found it odd that one drained so quickly. Only recommendation is repair. Before I make a trip out to an Apple store, was curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
    I’ve seen that intermittently. I generally don’t run them to anything close to zero so it hasn’t affected me so far. 

There was just a software update for the AirPods Pro. That might help. The new version is 2B588. I’ll be keeping an eye on it. 
    edited November 2019
  • Reply 2 of 2

jdb8167 said:

I’ve seen that intermittently. I generally don’t run them to anything close to zero so it hasn’t affected me so far. 

There was just a software update for the AirPods Pro. That might help. The new version is 2B588. I’ll be keeping an eye on it. 
    I was instructed to do the firmware update... really hoped it rectified the issue, but it didn’t. I did a reset of the AirPods today. If that doesn’t fix the issue over the next day or two, I guess I’ll have to take them in for repair.