One cent 'dividend' paid 12/19/2019

Posted:
in AAPL Investors
I received two 'dividend' payments of one cent per share today in my brokerage account. Anyone else receive such payments? 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Aren't those typically "test deposits" to confirm accounts?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    davendaven Posts: 696member
    gatorguy said:
    Aren't those typically "test deposits" to confirm accounts?
    That would be odd as I had that account for years and have had Apple stock for years too. I've been receiving regular dividends for some time now. Good explanation though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    davendaven Posts: 696member
    update: It doesn't take long for companies to fix mistakes they make that are in the customer's favor. Etrade retracted the dividend. Here I thought I was getting a surprise Christmas gift. Oh well.

======================

You recently received an E*TRADE alert with the subject line "Dividend or Interest Paid," which indicated on December 18, 2019, your E*TRADE account was credited with two dividend payments on APPLE INC. (AAPL) shares. 

These December 18, 2019, payments were made in error and have been reversed by E*TRADE. 

We apologize for any confusion. If you have questions, call us anytime at ...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    daven said:
    update: It doesn't take long for companies to fix mistakes they make that are in the customer's favor. Etrade retracted the dividend. Here I thought I was getting a surprise Christmas gift. Oh well.

======================

You recently received an E*TRADE alert with the subject line "Dividend or Interest Paid," which indicated on December 18, 2019, your E*TRADE account was credited with two dividend payments on APPLE INC. (AAPL) shares. 

These December 18, 2019, payments were made in error and have been reversed by E*TRADE. 

We apologize for any confusion. If you have questions, call us anytime at ...
    Thanks for updating...