New ARM powered devices in 2020?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware
What is going through the rumor mill right now with respect to new ARM powered devices in 2020?

I’m expecting an iPad upgrade for one.   That is pretty much a given.  

Second the noise around an ARM powered Mac has become silent again, at least I’ve heard little.   So any news I’m missing out on?     By the way I wouldn’t be surprised if the rumored chip from early in 2019 isn’t destined for the IPad Pros along with a Mac Book.  The iPad Pro could certainly use something me of the rumored features, especially significantly enhanced AI hardware.   To really offer an iPad that meets even a few of the imagined possibilities they need to break away from the cell phone series.  That is why Bloomberg’s rumor about a laptop chip had me thinking IPad Pro, the described chip seemed ideal for that platform.  

The expected AR glasses likely have some ARM cores powering it.   I still have a hard time imaging use classes to drive significant sales but I also expect interesting technology.  

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wizard69 said:
    What is going through the rumor mill right now with respect to new ARM powered devices in 2020?

I’m expecting an iPad upgrade for one.   That is pretty much a given.  

Second the noise around an ARM powered Mac has become silent again, at least I’ve heard little.   So any news I’m missing out on?     By the way I wouldn’t be surprised if the rumored chip from early in 2019 isn’t destined for the IPad Pros along with a Mac Book.  The iPad Pro could certainly use something me of the rumored features, especially significantly enhanced AI hardware.   To really offer an iPad that meets even a few of the imagined possibilities they need to break away from the cell phone series.  That is why Bloomberg’s rumor about a laptop chip had me thinking IPad Pro, the described chip seemed ideal for that platform.  

The expected AR glasses likely have some ARM cores powering it.   I still have a hard time imaging use classes to drive significant sales but I also expect interesting technology.  
    Apple is not going to tell you anything about the processor for sure, but it will be there soon enough.