Pro’s & Cons Between the iPad Pro 11in & 12.9in

Posted:
in iPad
Hello all,

I’m new here, hello!
I did do a search for this but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for.... I’m sorry in advance for the long post.. I’m feeling a bit frustrated & am curious to what those of you who have either size of the newest iPad Pro’s feel about it, like &/or dislike about it, as well as what would you do if you were in my situation... I thank you in advance for your help!

Prior to Black Friday I decided to get a new iPad. I actually desperately needed to get an iPad... Per my needs I knew I needed the iPad Pro... I’ve been using my old iPad since I bought it 5-6yrs ago so haven’t had much if any other experiences playing around w/other iPads...
I knew I was going to find the best sale prices on Black Friday so after doing as much reading as I could I looked online to see who had the best price on a brand new 512GB or 1TB model...
Originally I was leaning towards the 12.9in.  My custom designed MacBook Pro was destroyed by someone who dropped & killed it.  They nor I could not afford to replace it & because I need/use my iPad every day I decided to get the IPad Pro as it was a good enough mix to fit my daily needs for what I do for work, which is a bit of this & that right now...
I do a ton of photo editing, fine detailed editing, work from home & thought the 12.9in size would be best for my needs, I was looking at the 512GB to keep the cost down as much as I could.  Then I read an article that said the 1TB had more RAM than the lesser storage models... So then I started considering going to the 11in model... I read so many articles that said the 11in was a lot of space & many felt the 12.9 was almost too big to hold so they sized down to the 11in... Either way, I figured they both would be bigger than my old iPad... So I called Apple  2x getting 2 diff techs telling me different things about the specs of ea size & what I’d read about getting more RAM w/the 1TB model.. I found it odd that I got different info from 2 Apple reps so kept digging..

After spending a ton of time researching what I could & who had the best sale prices for a brand new unopened iPad Pro, Best Buy had the best sale price... Talked to a tech there for almost an hour explaining all my needs, my conundrum of getting a 12.9in w/512GB storage or the 11in w/1TB & more RAM... After all of this I was told the 11in would be better, was definitely going to be bigger than the iPad I have now... I made it real clear that 1 of the things I was very much looking forward to was having a bigger screen & more space to work..

So I ordered it online before the sale price was gone.  I have not seen a brand new unopened iPadPro 1TB for the sale price that BestBuy had them for on Black Friday since then...
I got it in the mail, opened it, was a bit disappointed & underwhelmed when I opened the box... It is literally the same size as my 6yr old iPad when I laid them side by side... Yes the screen is slightly larger & it’s a much better model for sure. I guess I’m just underwhelmed of the size, was expecting this to be bigger than my 6yr old regular iPad...
 Nobody told me that the screen was measured on the diagonal like a TV until today....  Yes, I feel like a dill... But I did ask the guy at BestBuy who I talked to for almost an hour about the screen size.  He & the Apple reps definitely made me think the screen was measured vertically x  horizontally....

Now, today, I’m still trying to find the best keyboard case for this & who’s got the best price on the iPencil 2... Everywhere I look I’m seeing pictures of new iPad Pro’s for sale where the home screen & Box look nothing like mine... So I get out a measuring tape, something I should’ve done when I got this, measure it horizontally & vertically to see it’s only 9.75in L x 7in W & the box it came in is only 10.25in L.... I call BestBuy tonight to tell them I’m feeling a bit upset, as this was not a cheap purchase especially for me right now as I am disabled on a very tight income so I def needed to get the most bang for my buck. I told the BestBuy sales rep tonight that I asked every possible question that I could prior to buying this & had I been told these are measured like TV’s, not up/down like the sales associate told me, that I would have gotten the 12.9in... Only now there’s a good $500-$600 difference in price.. I asked her since I was given the wrong info, if I returned this could I get the 12.9in for the Black Friday sale price... She’s says no...

I haven’t had a chance to really play around with this because I’ve been trying to go thru thousands of pics, do work, etc... I just thought this was going to be bigger... I can’t afford to buy the 12.9in 1TB now & I’m feeling a bit miffed at the people I spoke to asking every possible question, telling them what I needed this for, primarily, that not 1 told me this was measured on the diagonal & in fact made me think it was measured top to bottom side to side...

So, I’m curious to know from those if you who have the newest iPad Pro either the 11in or the 12.9in, what do you love, not love about it & do you think sacrificing the larger iPad for more screen space, storage space & a bit more RAM was worth it?  Why or why not....

I have an appointment w/my local Apple store after Xmas, Until my call w/BestBuy tonight I thought I’d got the older iPad Pro even tho mine has all the newer upgrades like the speakers, no home key, etc.... 
I’m trying to decide if I should borrow money to get the 12.9in, if it would be worth it... As much as I like this, love many of the things I’ve been able to play with, I do wish this were bigger. I feel like I gained maybe an inch of screen space from my older iPad.. I was definitely expecting more so am feeling let down on such an expensive purchase.... I’m upset that after asking SO many questions, esp about the size, nobody until tonight tells me the measurements are on the diagonal..

I am very curious to hear from those of you who really know this equipment, what you think about it, why do you love the size that you got or do you wish you would’ve gotten a different size & finally what do you think about the xtra RAM the 1TB comes with that the others don’t... Not sure if I should sacrifice it for going down to the 512GB should I decide to return this 1 & get the 12.9in, or is what I have now the best as far as the guts & inner workings of this go...

Thank you so much for reading my 1st “blog” post here... Again my apologies it was long..  I really appreciate any info & thoughts you may be able to provide!

Elle Cee