All the best cases and covers for the AirPods Pro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2022
Everyone loves AirPods Pro and the best way to accessorize and protect the charging case is with an extra enclosure. We've rounded up the best cases available through October 10, 2020, with options that will likely appeal to everyone.

Best cases for AirPods Pro
Roundup of the best cases for AirPods Pro

Updated 4/20/22 with new additions from Bullstrap.

Why use a case for AirPods Pro?

We saw plenty of feedback when we rounded up the best cases for the regular AirPods. Mainly, feedback focused on why one would put a case on their AirPods.

There are many reasons why someone would do this, starting with protection. AirPods Pro live in a white plastic shell that easily can be distressed as it comes in and out of your pockets. If you are planning to sell or pass down your AirPods Pro when you upgrade or are finished with them, who wants to hand over a scratched up case?

If you drop your AirPods Pro the case can also be easily damaged which is yet another not-so-great look.

Of course, style is a reason as well. Everyone's AirPods Pro look the same and an easy way to make them more "you" is by adding a case to them. Just like with your iPhone.

Some cases offer functionality too. The ability to clip them to bags or secure them to your wrist may be appealing to different users.

Regardless of the reasons why, we know they are popular. So let's take a closer look at our favorite cases so far.

Leather case from Bullstrap

Bullstrap leather AirPods Pro case in Sienna
Bullstrap leather AirPods Pro case in Sienna

Bullstrap uses high-quality top-grain leather on all its Apple accessories. Its AirPods Pro case is a two-piece design that will stay in place without any adhesive. There's a hole on the front that allows for the status light to shine through and it supports wireless charging -- though not MagSafe.

Both the top and the bottom of the case are flat which affords it the unique ability to stand on its own, rather than lying flat on its back. Each case has plenty of lovely stitching which gives it more character than other leather cases on our list.

We reviewed the Sienna Brown colorway but Bullstrap also offers them in Bourbon Brown, Black Edition, Ocean, and two-tone Tera.

You can find it on Amazon for $59 in several different colorways.

Incase Reform Sport

Incase Reform Sport
Incase Reform Sport

The Incase Reform Sport case for AirPods Pro has a great active look and feel to it with a few unique features. It has a dual-layer shell with a solid exterior and a soft, impact-resistant interior. The outside is antimicrobial that kills 99.9 percent of surface bacteria.

Along the sides are a series of perforations that remind us a bit of the Nike Apple Watch band. They provide a bit of a two-tone look with the different-colored interior and provide added grip.

Attached is a removable lanyard that you can slide around your wrist, tie to your bag, or use the handy clip to attach to a pocket. On the back of the case is a small Incase logo that denotes where the button lies on the back, which you can still press.

Pick up the Incase Reform sport in blue/grey, black/grey, black/volt, grey/tangerine, or rose coral colors from Incase directly for $34.99.

Woolnut

Woolnut's new leather cases for AirPods Pro use full-grain Scandanavian leather for a unique look. The pebbled leather feels great, just as it does on its iPhone cases.

Woolnut leather AirPods Pro cases
Woolnut leather AirPods Pro cases

The case comes in black, Cognac Brown, and green leather. There is a subtle "Woolnut" wordmark stamped on the back that is barely noticeable through the grain on the leather. While the center of the case is your usual plastic, the leather is wrapped around it and even stitched around the edge which is a nice premium touch.

Inside the case is a ring of microfiber fabric which helps keep your AirPods Pro case in place. For the top half, which is harder to keep put, there are two silicone lines that help hold it tight.

The Woolnut leather case for AirPods Pro is available on Amazon for $38.

Mous

In a fantastic blend of durable and stylish, the Mous Protective Airpods Pro Case is a combination of an ultra-rugged shell case with high-quality leather.

Mous cases for AirPods Pro
Mous cases for AirPods Pro

The plastic shell is more apparent here than in others, but to act as a stylish differentiator to break up the leather on the front and the back. It gives the case a bit of a squared-off appearance that can almost stand up on its own. The bottom port is spacious, easy for charging, and a small cutout on the back allows access to the single AirPods Pro button.

Brown Mous AirPods Pro case
Brown Mous AirPods Pro case

Lining the case is Mous's proprietary AirShock drop protection material that appears in bright vibrant green. That is also seen on the lid half which has two little sticky dots to help keep it attached in case you drop your AirPods Pro.

AirShock material inside Mous AirPods Pro case
AirShock material inside Mous AirPods Pro case

Attached to the side of the case is a small clip. A nylon cord affixes it to the case and a braided cord connects to a round carabiner-like clip. This is great to hold onto your pants, purse, or bag to help you keep track. If attached, less chance you'll ever drop it in the first place.

Black leather Mous AirPods Pro case
Black leather Mous AirPods Pro case

These cases come in black and brown leather, both of which look equally good. We are a bit more fond of the brown which has a smooth leather texture compared to the pebbled texture of the black.

If you want to pick one up, both colors are available on Amazon for $39.99.

Speck

The Presidio ClickFlip case for AirPods Pro is an extremely rugged case for your Apple earbuds that protects against both drops as well as dust. The lid of this case comes down and clips securely to provide IP5X dust resistance. As you toss these in your bag or pocket dust easily can sneak in and cause damage. It holds it secure even if you drop your AirPods Pro so the top doesn't pop open and send your earbuds flying.

Speck Presidio ClickFlip for AirPods Pro
Speck Presidio ClickFlip for AirPods Pro

Speck rates this case for four feet of drop protection which is perfect from your hands, pocket, or bag.

An additional carabiner is connected to the lower side as well for easy attaching and providing bonus security.

The Spec Airpods Pro Presidio ClickFlip case is available direct from Speck for $39.99 in Varsity Blue, It's a Vibe Pink, and black.

Element Case Black Ops

Element Case Black Ops
Element Case Black Ops

The Black Ops cover from Element Case is one of the most ruggedly designed we've seen. It features a hard shell body with anodized aluminum accents that give it a bright pop of color. These aluminum pieces also offer additional functionality. They add grip to the sides to ensure you don't drop the AirPods Pro while you have them in-hand, as well as anchor a nylon cord that can be clipped to a bag or keychain.

Element Case Black Ops
Element Case Black Ops

There is also a clip on the left side of the case which is used to secure the top of the AirPods Pro. This is an entirely unique feature that prevents the case from coming open and your individual earbuds clattering out. This has happened to us many times, so to have a clip on the side that stops this is great.

Element Case Black Ops
Element Case Black Ops

Find the Element Case Black Ops on Amazon for $44.95.

Courant AirPods Pro case

Courant's AirPods Pro case on the Courant wireless charging valet
Courant's AirPods Pro case on the Courant wireless charging valet

Courant is known for its excellent wireless charging devices, all of which are encased in high-quality genuine leather. They have a pebbled texture on their surface and come in a few subtle colors, though we picked the ash, which is just a light grey.

Microfiber lining inside the Courant AirPods Pro case
Microfiber lining inside the Courant AirPods Pro case

Inside the case is a soft microfiber lining that will help protect your AirPods Pro's case. Courant will also monogram the front of the case in silver or gold foil. Normally this is $15, but right now it's free.

The case feels great and we love the stitching around the edges that create a great premium touch.

Courant's AirPods Pro leather case
Courant's AirPods Pro leather case

It's available in black, ash, and bone colorways and will run you $45 from Courant's website.

Nomad

Nomad, per usual, opted for a primarily leather design for its AirPods Pro cases. The company's Rugged AirPods Pro cases are very similar to its second-generation version AirPods cases. That is, they have a soft microfiber lining and a polycarbonate light pipe.

Nomad Rugged Case for AirPods Pro in black and brown
Nomad Rugged Case for AirPods Pro in black and brown

The polycarbonate light pipe is unique. Most cases will cut a hole in the front of the case which allows the light to come through. However, because the cases are thicker, it makes viewing the light from angles difficult as the case itself obfuscates the light.

Nomad's implementation allows the light to shine significantly brighter, making it able to be seen at nearly any angle.

As far as the leather quality goes, it is top-notch. It is the same Chicago-sourced Horween leather used in all of Nomad's other gear. Over time, it develops a stunning patina that truly makes it unique.

Other unique factors include a lanyard anchor point -- yes, Nomad even designed its own lanyard -- and a soft spot around back for easy access to the pairing button.

Nomad's Rugged Case for AirPods Pro is available in both black as well as brown for $34.95.

Alto

What makes Alto different is its leather. Many of the higher-end brands source quality leather, but Alto is the only one to do with a genuine Italian aniline-dyed leather.

Alto's Italian leather AirPods cases in cement (grey), raven (black), and caramel (brown)
Alto's Italian leather AirPods cases in cement (grey), raven (black), and caramel (brown)

The leather is very soft and comes in really nice colors. The caramel is particularly stunning. It is a bit more vibrant than the standard darker browns we see and garners a lot of compliments when we adorn our own AirPods with it.

Alto's cases are available in Cement (grey), Caramel (brown), and Raven (black) direct from Alto for $45.

Twelve South

For AirPods Pro, Twelve South has released the AirSnap Pro leather case.

This case is solely made up of leather, no hardened interior shell like others. It has free access at the bottom for charging over Lightning and of course, supports wireless charging.

Twelve South AirSnap Pro for AirPods Pro
Twelve South AirSnap Pro for AirPods Pro

This is the only case in our list that snaps shut, so if dropped, it doesn't come up and cough up the individual AirPods earbuds as has a tendency to happen.

There is an anchor mount to the right where either the included "s" carabiner clip or the included lanyard may be connected to. That way you can keep your AirPods Pro on your wrist, on your bag, or in your pocket.

AirSnap Pro comes in cognac brown, slate blue, and black for $39.99 either from Amazon or Twelve South.

Native Union

There are two cases available from Native Union, its leather case and its Curve case.

Native Union Leather AirPods Pro Case

Native Union's case is more similar in style to Nomad's Rugged case or Alto's leather case, but lacks the rigid interior. The case is made up of only leather which keeps it a bit slimmer and sleek.

It doesn't have a fancy polycarbonate light tube, but since it is so thin, seeing the status light isn't an issue. Because it is all leather, it lacks the black molding around the top and the bottom of the case. Instead, the intricate stitching is visible where the leather is connected together.

Native Union's handcrafted leather case (left) and Curve silicone case (right) for AirPods Pro
Native Union's handcrafted leather case (left) and Curve silicone case (right) for AirPods Pro

Since it is more flexible, the button the back is still easily depressed with the case on.

The Native Union Leather Case is available in black or brown direct from Native Union for $49.95.

Native Union Curve Case

Curve is the second option from Native Union for those who don't want a leather case but what something more elevated than your standard silicone case.

It is made of silicone but has a handsome texture around the outside that adds grip and is a bit more unique.

Nab the Natuve Union Curve case on Amazon for $19.99 in navy, black, or pink.

Catalyst

Catalyst Slim case for AirPods Pro
Catalyst Slim case for AirPods Pro

If none of those appeal to you and you want something more fun, or perhaps more cost-effective, there is Catalyst. Catalyst has a dazzling array of AirPod cases, though only a few thus far for AirPods Pro. They come in exciting, vibrant colors to help set your AirPods Pro apart.

Pick up the Catalyst Slim case for $19.99.

Just the beginning

While these are our favorite, these are only our favorites so far. More cases will be released and perhaps we will even add additional cases to this list as some catch our eyes.

AirPods cases are incredibly popular and it is nice to see manufacturers put time into crafting cases that protect, stylize, and add functionality to Apple's pro wireless earbuds.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    tjwolftjwolf Posts: 424member
    I wish there was an article on third-party tips instead of cases - but I guess there aren't that many choices yet.  I just got some from Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0842C2RLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    but they're the only ones I've been able to find so far (btw, they do the trick of keeping my AirPod Pros from falling out of my ear all the time - but they're not that comfortable for long periods).

Back to cases: I don't see the analogy to iPhones.  Sure, you can make an iPhone more "you" by slipping on a case.  That works because you (and others) see your phone all the time.  The AirPod case spends virtually all of its time in a pocket or purse, so what's the point of dressing it up?  For the same reason, why would you need to protect it from falls as you would your phone?  Lastly, and for me most importantly, adding a case on an AirPod Pro case makes it even more chunky than it already is.  My old AirPod case fit easily in that little jeans pocket-within-pocket.  The Pros case is a bit of a squeeze.  It would be impossible to get it into this natural storage location if you wrap the case in another case.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 2 of 14
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    What’s next, mouse sweaters?
    StrangeDaysmbenz1962uraharaspheric
  • Reply 3 of 14
    aegeanaegean Posts: 164member
    I've got my AirPods Pro plastic case scratched within a week while keeping it in my bag's or jacket's pocket. Even though I do take care of my stuff very well, but still ended up scratching its case and it looks BAD when I look at it. So I bought the case for the case for $7 at Amazon. I only wanted in white colour so it matches with the actual case itself. Didn't want to spend too much on a freaking case, but something that's enough to protect the AirPods own case. Also, I wanted something with lightning port protector so if I am keeping it in the pocket with other stuff, both the case and the port are protected. Without lightning port protector, its a no go for me no matter how great it is. So all these cases above I can't even think about buying them for half of their price because none of these options have lightning port protector. In my daily 5 hour commute which includes 4 transfers, it's one less thing to worry about.  I don't like using the case either but my usage of AirPods are very rough, and I try to keep my stuff absolutely spotless. 

On to the side note, I drop my iPhone X at least once a week, no matter how hard I try to be careful. Can't image if it would have survived without Apple's leather folio case, which again serves two purposes, protection and privacy when attending meetings without putting the phone upside down, as I record all my meeting conversations to save my back. And I am very bad at taking notes :wink: 
    edited February 2020
  • Reply 4 of 14
    dewme said:
     :D 
  • Reply 5 of 14
    I ordered 2 Catalyst cases over a month ago. Still no word. No way to track my order.

I must say, the noise cancellation of the AirPod Pros is pretty miraculous. 
    Unfortunately, the sound quality is nowhere near my Etymotic ER-4S. Can’t have everything.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    Sure my original AP case got scratched up, but it was normal wear and tear, and when I sold them that’s how I sold them as. Still got a good price for their being used APs. 
  • Reply 7 of 14
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Sure my original AP case got scratched up, but it was normal wear and tear, and when I sold them that’s how I sold them as. Still got a good price for their being used APs. 
    Not sure I would buy used goods that have spent their lives in a random stranger’s ears 😒
    edited February 2020
  • Reply 8 of 14
    dewme said:

I found the idea of cases for the AirPods case ludicrous, but it does make sense now, given how many scratches are there on my case. I am a lot more careful with my AirPods Pro case, but a good case that allows for induction charging isn't the worst thing for these.

At the very least, they will give you a better resale value if you choose to upgrade to a later version since the case would have minimal scratches.

• Reply 9 of 14
    I got a case for my AirPods because my wife and I both have a pair and we got our mixed up quite often.  Putting a case on mine was an easy solution to differentiate them.  
  • Reply 10 of 14
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,294member
    dewme said:
    iPod Socks! :smiley: 

Holy crap that black ops case is UG-LY!! But I guess if you're someone who abuses their stuff or Is in an environment where it may see a lot of damage, it may be worth the investment. 
    spheric
  • Reply 11 of 14
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    I had the Alto leather case for my first gen AirPods and have the Native Union leather one for my AirPods Pro. Both are great cases but I went with the Native Union the second time around because it was all leather. The Alto one has a plastic band running around the edge to offer better drop protection.

I honestly don’t even need a case. It just stays on my nightstand 24/7. When I’m exercising I put them in before I leave the apartment and if I’m traveling I use my Bose NC 700s.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Those cow flesh ones look hideous to me.  I've got a pretty plain silicon one, that I only use because it has a carabiner that I use to keep the case on a keyring.  If the AirPods case has a loop for a clip then I wouldn't bother, scratches don't matter.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Tower72Tower72 Posts: 22unconfirmed, member
    any recommendations on a case that is NOT 2 piece? I have had nothing but bad experiences with cases that come with top and bottom  that are separated. Right now I have a case that has the top and bottom held together and I love it, but its time for a new one 
  • Reply 14 of 14
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    I‘mma put yo case in a case, yo.