Apple Card customers can defer their April payments interest-free

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2020
In effort to ease any coronavirus-related burden on their customers, Apple and Goldman Sachs are allowing Apple Card cardholders the ability to defer their April payments without penalty.

Apple Card customers may defer their April payments interest free

With unemployment surging during the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are being forced to choose which payments to make and which they'll have to miss. Apple, along with their financial partner Goldman Sachs, aims to help offer Apple Card customers some relief.

Apple Card customers are now allowed to defer their April payments without incurring interest, which should give many customers some peace of mind.

In order to opt into the Customer Assistance Program, Apple Card users will need to reach out to a support representative via the Wallet app on their iPhone.

"We understand that the Covid-19 situation poses unique challenges for everyone and some customers may have difficulty making their monthly payments," read Apple's statement to customers. "If you previously enrolled in the Customer Assistance Program in March, you will need to enroll again."

Apple Card customers were allowed to defer payments in March as well. It is likely that Apple and Goldman Sachs will continue to allow deferments throughout the duration of the pandemic.

Launched on August 20, 2019, the Apple Card was designed by Apple and developed by Goldman Sachs. While it's primarily designed to work with Apple Pay, Apple provides each Apple Card customer with a physical, titanium card.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    "Greedy Apple" is just deceiving you!!

/s
    StrangeDaysbeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 2 of 7
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Even if I have the opportunity to defer payments on a few of my credit cards, I'm not going to use that option, because that'll just mean a larger bill next time around, since it'll include the previous month and the newer month. And it's better for the credit score to keep your credit card balance below a certain percentage of your total available credit limit.

I prefer to pay in full each month and not owe a penny to anybody.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Can I get a discount for paying on time?  B) ;)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    A discount for being fortunate enough to not be having money issues right now?  Classy.
    beowulfschmidt
  • Reply 5 of 7
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    crowley said:
    A discount for being fortunate enough to not be having money issues right now?  Classy.
    Why not?

Reliable and responsible payers should be rewarded and delinquent payers should be punished. That is plain common sense.
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 6 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Because only a grade A dickhead would consider the financial opportunities in a time when unemployment is spiking because of a pandemic.  Now is a time for compassion and unity, not of individualistic asshattery.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    crowley said:
    Because only a grade A dickhead would consider the financial opportunities in a time when unemployment is spiking because of a pandemic.  Now is a time for compassion and unity, not of individualistic asshattery.
    I surpassed "dickhead", of any grade, long, long ago.