Several Forum Tidbits:

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
1) Well, it seems that when one views another member's recent posts and decides to view a particular post, clicking on that post takes you to the first page of the topic. I think you can see the problem there. Well, I'd like to be taken to that member's post within the thread rather than have to manually search for it myself. The View Recent Posts feature is somewhat wounded if it doesn't properly take you to a recent post!

2) I saw on MacRumors Forums that the "Edit" disclaimer at the bottom of every edited post is smaller in text and also italicized. I think it looks much better than our plain, same-size text current one. I understand that you need more than esthetic reasons to change something though. I think the current "Edit" disclaimer is obtrusive because of its large size and ineffective. One would think its large size would substantiate its effectiveness, but that is not the case. It blends into the body of the message far too easily. A smaller sized and italicized font would make it more noticeable, less intrusive, and ultimately more effective. Thanks.

same size: (see below)

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>1) Well, it seems that when one views another member's recent posts and decides to view a particular post, clicking on that post takes you to the first page of the topic. I think you can see the problem there. Well, I'd like to be taken to that member's post within the thread rather than have to manually search for it myself. The View Recent Posts feature is somewhat wounded if it doesn't properly take you to a recent post!

2) I saw on MacRumors Forums that the "Edit" disclaimer at the bottom of every edited post is smaller in text and also italicized. I think it looks much better than our plain, same-size text current one. I understand that you need more than esthetic reasons to change something though. I think the current "Edit" disclaimer is obtrusive because of its large size and ineffective. One would think its large size would substantiate its effectiveness, but that is not the case. It blends into the body of the message far too easily. A smaller sized and italicized font would make it more noticeable, less intrusive, and ultimately more effective. Thanks.

same size: (see below)

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

neither's gonna happen anytime soon.

both would require a good bit of hacking; we're not going to expend the effort on hacking software that's on the way out.