How to turn off CarPlay on your iPhone or iPad By William Gallagher - tell me HOW for iPads?

Posted:
in iOS
@William Gallagher - thank you for the tip article. However I have owned 3 different car radios with CarPlay, tried several iPads and done extensive searching about getting CarPlay to work with an iPad. Everything I read claims it just won't work.

I don't own any mobile phone but my iPad Mini 3 I keep as my car music also has cellular service. But I have to pull it out of the glovebox to use Maps...

Anyway - do you really know a way to get iPads to do CarPlay? Please share...

thank you
qb

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    quattleb said:
    @William Gallagher - thank you for the tip article. However I have owned 3 different car radios with CarPlay, tried several iPads and done extensive searching about getting CarPlay to work with an iPad. Everything I read claims it just won't work.

I don't own any mobile phone but my iPad Mini 3 I keep as my car music also has cellular service. But I have to pull it out of the glovebox to use Maps...

Anyway - do you really know a way to get iPads to do CarPlay? Please share...

thank you
    qb
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412
  • Reply 2 of 2
    @gatorguy ;

Thank you for the link to Apple. However I have never gotten any of my attempts to get CarPlay linked to an iPad to work. And my searches say it is not possible. I suspect the title of the Apple page to be incorrect and will see if I can report such.

Edit: Ahhh - the Apple article is about ways to connect devices to a CAR. The CarPlay section only mentioned the iPhone. I feel the title of William Gallagher's article implies he has gotten an iPad to use CarPlay and hope he can explain how. Or correct the title.

Back to the original question: has anyone actually gotten an iPad to connect to CarPlay?

thank you
    qb
    edited April 2020