Add an "end" link at each thread

zozo
Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Another idea is to have a link at the end of each thread that will bring you directly the END of the thread you click on.

When threads start getting long, you have to sometimes scrol for quite a while.

so something like this:

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: ZO ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    vBulletin does this quite nicely, with a little arrow.

It's coming... I promise...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    You do realize that clicking on the last posters name in the right-most column there takes you to the end of the thread, don't you?

Try it sometime.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    uuuuuuh... yeah... sure... of course I knew that! tcha! I mean, who do you think I am? Jeeeez, I was just seeing if you guys knew that too!

/me quietly sidesteps into the shadows and disappears
  • Reply 4 of 6
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

[QB]Another idea is to have a link at the end of each thread that will bring you directly the END of the thread you click on.

<hr></blockquote>

Heck I'd settle for a "Next Page" link, instead of stupidly having to figure out which page number is next.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lundy, i assume you mean on the thread pages themselves...

if you look closely, the page that you are currently on is in black, non-linked text, while the other pages are links...

thereby denoting which page is current, and which is next...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>lundy, i assume you mean on the thread pages themselves...

if you look closely, the page that you are currently on is in black, non-linked text, while the other pages are links...

thereby denoting which page is current, and which is next...</strong><hr></blockquote>

that's what i meant by "figure out". just a simple "next" works better than scrubbing over all the page numbers to find the one that is not a link and then going one link to the right of that one.

lots of similar boards lack this though, so not unique to AI by any means.